PNW Winter Storm Pics and 1 Subie Down

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

pancakeftw
In Neutral

PNW Winter Storm Pics and 1 Subie Down

Post by pancakeftw »

Driving to work in Olympia

Left the car, came back 30minutes later, and it had settled and was stuck. Rocked it back and forth until it flew out of the rut in 2nd.

My '93 leggy and '03 Outback. About 14" in most places.

After work I stopped at Home Depot, got stuck again, and couldn't get out. It turned out the transmission went out, and likely the rear end based on the lack of AWD while trying to get unstuck.
I limped it down the street to my mechanic, and she got stuck on the way to the service bay. The cars been stuck in this spot for 4 days, because the snow is deep and the tranny cant hold 1st and wont pick up reverse. Classic addition to no power, cable, heat, or water for days.

At least she died there, rather than leaving me in the mountains or in the middle of an intersection....
I'll find out next week (hopefully) regarding damage. :(
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: PNW Winter Storm Pics and 1 Subie Down

Post by kimokalihi »

Wow and you're not even lowered. My car got beat on in this bullshit as well. Broken windshield from hitting a tree across the road and tored my ebay sti lip off my bumper from driving through the snow. Plus a possible blown head gasket external coolant leak dripping on the exhaust givig me a headache at stops.

Power out since wednesday and they say it might be back on Thursday. And flooding is beginning but luckily it doesn't flood by my house but it does at my work.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
pancakeftw
In Neutral

Post by pancakeftw »

Sounds like you guys got it a lot worse down there! Are you on PSE? Because I heard there's a $50 credit if they cant get it on in 120 hours!

Nothing looks worse than when you lecture your neighbor about the advantages of Subaru, and they end up pulling you out of parking spots.... :)
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Haha no doubt. I constantly get shit about subarus at my work from my coworkers who are retarded and have never owned or driven one before. Lately I've really been missig my truck though. Sometimes I think I'd rather have my toyota than a semi fast car...
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Post by keithmoilanen »

I have yet to lower mine and no lip yet I love the snow and feel like it woukd do much better without lowering it
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Yay snow!

Knocked that lip off the next day, well, half of it.

Yea it's better in the snow if it's not lowered, but I still had zero issues, even up at Crystal, pretty much as long as there's less snow than you have clearance, or really even a couple more inches, you won't have any trouble. And my coilovers are about as stiff as you can buy.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Yeah that clearance part sucks. Even in my metro which isn't lowered I almost got stuck on a normal road. It was so deep I knew if I stopped for any reason I'd never get going again. This was a couple years ago.
keithmoilanen
Second Gear

Post by keithmoilanen »

4in lifted wagon time for deep snow and i need to put some better coilovers in both cars bad
2018 WRX
1991 Legacy Turbo
Sold 1989 Lifted Wagon
Sold 1987 Wagon