Hesitation PLEASE HELP!!!!

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Hesitation PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by x2hawt4ux »

ok so here is a list of current mods to start that may have something to to with it. td04, fmic, bov(atmosphere), fcd, 3" tbe, w58(rwd), wrx fuel pump.

ok so the car runs fine driving down the road at a steady speed. when i accelerate say from a stop it will go fine for a second and then feel like i slammed on my breaks and it sounds like muffled backfire coming from the engine bay and then accelerate very fast with out changing pedal position up to the point that i either let of the gas or shift or put the clutch in something along those lines. it does it in every gear at every speed. i always run premium gas.

thanks guys
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
jefferson
Third Gear

Re: Hesitation PLEASE HELP!!!!

Post by jefferson »

Sounds to me like a line is off the boost control solenoid. Happened to me once after some work. Boost control solenoid is on the passenger side strut tower.

Jeff
91 Black SS 5spd. Edm lights, wrx gauges in dash, 45 degree airbox, cryoed drilled and slotted brakes. Invidia divorced downpipe with custom stainless exhaust. To be installed, aluminum a-arms, manual belts, awic.
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

ok ill check it out.

thanks
92 turbo legacy: RWD W58 SWAP, td04, 3"tbe, mbc, fmic, wrx brakes/hubs, wrx seats, welded 4.11, fcd, drift steering wheel, Drifting Stickers
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

so its not that. anything else???
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Have you checked all the vacuum/boost hoses for leaks? Double check those. Also, I'd suggest checking the resistance of the wiring from the various sensors to the ECU connectors.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

ill do that after work. thanks for the help
x2hawt4ux
First Gear

Post by x2hawt4ux »

no leaks that i can see, although i did get a code for the maf now. does that make sense?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Check the resistance of the wiring from the ECU to the MAF sensor and check the MAF sensor to see how it compares to the FSM specs
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm