Alex's '93 Legacy SS 25th ann.

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

Turbo_Carl
First Gear

Re: Alex's '93 Legacy SS 25th ann.

Post by Turbo_Carl »

lookin good man! I'm sure John and I can help you out when you do that tranny swap.
1993 SS. 5MT, STI Fuel Pump, Custom Intake, Diamond Coil Pack, Forge BOV, Hallman MBC, Custom AWIC, CNT 3" Downpipe, SLP Resonator, Carbon Muffler, TD04, FCD

1987 Ford T-Bird Turbo Coupe (Pikes Peak Hill Climb Car)
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Sounds good to me, mine as well do it once the auto starts going out. We need to get a photoshoot and meet going

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
grampswrx
In Neutral

Alex's '93 Legacy SS 25th ann.

Post by grampswrx »

How much would you want for the wheels? I'm in Utah so shipping wouldnt be a ton.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Actually I'd be looking to trade for a diff set

usliberty
First Gear

Post by usliberty »

That's a beautiful SS! Those wheels look great, I'd keep them on. Buy another set, dont trade em, sorry to anyone who wants them but I gotta say that color combo is sweet. Only things I would do is blackout the chrome accents with black tape and reroute the bov back into the intake after the maf. When your bov is atmospheric you lose metered air therefore you run rich everytime you release metered air. If you notice black smoke(or a rich smell) everytime you shift under boost this is why. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I found. Any turbo car using a MAF has this issue. I also get slightly annoyed by a loud bov, its cool at first cuz you can scare the crap outta streetwalkers :-P. I may reroute my hks ssqv because it is driving me nuts its so loud.I have a standalone ECU that doesnt use a MAF so going atmospheric doesnt affect my fuel zones.

Turbo_carl- My first car was an 85 turbocoupe for 700$, love those old 2.3's. I rebuilt the motor 4 times by the time I was 17. Sounds like yours rips on E85! Are you on the turboford.org? Id love to check out your turbocoupe build if you have one. My dad and I just restored/rescued an 86 SVO mustang and we've done a few easy mods, its gives my 20g legacy a run for its money. Now he wants a Boport head so I have no chance :(
94EJ22
First Gear

Post by 94EJ22 »

Nice SS, and those rims look sweet!
1994 Subaru Legacy L Winestone Pearl
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Thnx for the comments and suggestions! I do love my bov and the reactions ppl get, wanna get a sticker that says eat my blow off lol. Ya the wheels have been growing more and more on me everyday, still wanna get a nice set of 17s

Turbo_Carl
First Gear

Post by Turbo_Carl »

usliberty wrote:That's a beautiful SS! Those wheels look great, I'd keep them on. Buy another set, dont trade em, sorry to anyone who wants them but I gotta say that color combo is sweet. Only things I would do is blackout the chrome accents with black tape and reroute the bov back into the intake after the maf. When your bov is atmospheric you lose metered air therefore you run rich everytime you release metered air. If you notice black smoke(or a rich smell) everytime you shift under boost this is why. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but this is what I found. Any turbo car using a MAF has this issue. I also get slightly annoyed by a loud bov, its cool at first cuz you can scare the crap outta streetwalkers :-P. I may reroute my hks ssqv because it is driving me nuts its so loud.I have a standalone ECU that doesnt use a MAF so going atmospheric doesnt affect my fuel zones.

Turbo_carl- My first car was an 85 turbocoupe for 700$, love those old 2.3's. I rebuilt the motor 4 times by the time I was 17. Sounds like yours rips on E85! Are you on the turboford.org? Id love to check out your turbocoupe build if you have one. My dad and I just restored/rescued an 86 SVO mustang and we've done a few easy mods, its gives my 20g legacy a run for its money. Now he wants a Boport head so I have no chance :(
Don't want to hijack the thread, but my turbo coupe build is here.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=49292
1993 SS. 5MT, STI Fuel Pump, Custom Intake, Diamond Coil Pack, Forge BOV, Hallman MBC, Custom AWIC, CNT 3" Downpipe, SLP Resonator, Carbon Muffler, TD04, FCD

1987 Ford T-Bird Turbo Coupe (Pikes Peak Hill Climb Car)
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Wow wow wow, its been almost a year since I've updated this thread but that's prolly because I was sooo busy dumping repair money into it and now its offficially back on the road with a few more mods :)

After replacing a couple engine wiring harnesses, relays, spark and timing components and 4 months of not having my car here are some updates:

I finally started taking my car to Greg(slodrive) on here and his shop well Slodrive racing and I CANNOT be happier with him and his work on our tlegs!

Just got an aem wideband and blitz dual sbc installed, and replaced one wheel stud on 3 of my rims :/

Greg making wheel stud replacement look easy

Greg making custom bung for the wideband, shits thick!

Running a lil rich hehe
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Here's a couple recent pics than the ones I have from a year ago :P

Found a convenient spot for my blitz ebc in the .5 din space
Aem wideband on left, prosport boost on right
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I vant your vheels!
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
92ColoradoTurbo
First Gear

Post by 92ColoradoTurbo »

Hmm what's next? Window tint maybee! lol did you n greg figure out the rich problem?
Chris
1992 SS Liquid Silver Metallic 5MT AWD, 3in TBE, TD04, 06 TMIC, MBC, Coffee Cup Mod, 04 STi Struts
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Ya ill get window tint once winter is over for good. Won't go too dark, maybe 10% :) nope not yet, gonna pull some codes today and see whatsup. Once this blizzard is over I gotta to to pullnpay for some trim clips and a neutral switch sensor.

Lol I think if I had a dollar and hour of labor everytime sometime said that I coulda sti swapped this car already :P
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

My favorite new upgrade,worth every penny

I can put my entire hand on it after being driven for hours on end and my tmic stays cool to the touch everywhere
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

- http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/03/10/9e3apyqy.jpg
-I really like that pic as I am a rail fan also!

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

I really need a turbo blanket. That one is way over my budget, sadly.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

I love rail road pics,there are tons of good spots in larkspur
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Ya Mike super pricey...more than I thought it was gonna be but now I know why! I think there are a few I saw on eBay ranging around 60-100, a lil cheaper than the dei
CAV3MAN227
Third Gear

Post by CAV3MAN227 »

-I wanna get down to Palmer Lake this summer. Maybe we can meet up in the future and get some trains behind our cars.

-Joe
-I'd rather loose by a mile because I built my own car, than win by an inch cause someone else built it for me. Your car, is your story, so don't let someone else write the book. ~Moog
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Im def down on the Palmer lake meet, its gorgeous up there and an easy drive in between north and south leggos
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

I want a DEI turbo blanket now.
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Some pics with Greg's car at his shop slodrive :)

SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Need to put the picutres up of your intake. Why did you want to go back to the box? Seems like it is more restrictive now. I am currently doing my intake so some pics of the lines would help me out. Love your car!
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
alexandermf
Third Gear

Post by alexandermf »

Greg suggested I go back to stock box for running better/better power compared to the shitty spectre filter that was just soakin up hot engine air, I also had wanted to do it recently once I put my turbo blanket on... the box allows cooler air from the fender to go up through it and my butt dyno def feels more consistent power :)
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

Awesome thanks for the pictures. Abd yea I guess that makes sense
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost