The beast lol my ej22t

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

The beast lol my ej22t

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

Dont know too much about these motors, just picked this 92 turbo sedan up a couple weeks ago..wondering if everything looks like its in the right place and if there is anything missing/or something that shouldnt..thanks!

92 legacy AWD ej22t 5 speed, rebuilt internals, custom intake, custom 2.5in catback, running 11psi, sti shocks and struts..
SiCkSTi04
Second Gear

Re: The beast lol my ej22t

Post by SiCkSTi04 »

That's a pretty cool looking coolant reservoir
-04 WRX STi - Java Black Pearl - Cobb Stage 2
-02 Forester Type S premium - Platinum Silver Metallic - Stock
-92 Legacy Sport Sedan - Onyx Black Pearl - Stock
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

I know! looks almost custom made but idk it was on it when i bought it along with the custom intake..the guy i bought it from was gonna build this motor pretty seriously but needed money and i got the car at a pretty decent price out here in Hawaii, $1700 isnt too bad right? lol
92 legacy AWD ej22t 5 speed, rebuilt internals, custom intake, custom 2.5in catback, running 11psi, sti shocks and struts..
mike-tracy

Post by mike-tracy »

$1700 is a good price for a 5-speed SS that runs and body not in horrible shape. Other than the coolant tank, that hose over the manifold isn't stock and you're missing the turbo chimney. No big deal. The cold air intake is pretty cool, too. someone took some time welding that up. That's what I see at a quick glance.
1992 Legacy SS 5mt, build in progress
Josh Colombo wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2002 10:23 am Wait....I'm confused now.
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

What do you think that hose across the manifold is for? and yes that intake took some hours to fab up, looks like whoever did it was damn good..but what is that turbo chimney? i take its not a big deal but just curious what it is for since i dont have it.
e30_vert
In Neutral

Post by e30_vert »

the chimney goes from the top of the turbo to the scoop on the hood, it uses the air that is pushed through the scoop to cool the turbo.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Does that hose over the manifold go to the tops of the valve covers?
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
hawaiianEJ22T
In Neutral

Post by hawaiianEJ22T »

Yeah, that hose connects to the back of each valve cover..so is it just like a vacuum line or what?