Rokkor coilovers good/bad? do they even fit?

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Rokkor coilovers good/bad? do they even fit?

Post by T-LEGGY »

Did a little search and came up with nothing.
These are them here: http://www.rokkor.com/coilovers/subaru/ ... r-kit.html

They seem pretty cheap for coilovers. I was under the impression that good coilovers would be closer to a grand or more. I have a friend with a WRX who insists that coilovers are the only way to go and he linked me to these.
They're a little cheaper than H&R springs and AGXs which a lot of people on here seem to be running.
Is anybody using the Rokkor coilovers for a GD?
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Re: Rokkor coilovers good/bad? do they even fit?

Post by T-LEGGY »

http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/sub ... r-kit.html
Here we go! I should be looking for a GC impreza, not a GD correct?
'94 Winestone Turbo Wagon 4.111rLSD JDM 5speed/Rebuilt motor/ A'pexi power intake
Doaomo
First Gear

Post by Doaomo »

Two guys I know locally have these and they are nice for the money. I believe they said they bolt right up with no issues. I'll be getting some of these most likely. GC is what you want.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by SILINC3R »

I'll be getting a set soon, at least worth the try for the price.
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Apex3
Fourth Gear

Post by Apex3 »

Cheap coilovers always sketched me out.

But I suppose at worst you're looking at shocks that blow fast and a shitty ride, since springs are easy to make cheap.
Doaomo
First Gear

Post by Doaomo »

Apex3 wrote:Cheap coilovers always sketched me out.

But I suppose at worst you're looking at shocks that blow fast and a shitty ride, since springs are easy to make cheap.
I agree but I've now experienced a 93 and a 91 with these on and it's way nice bang for the buck to get these coil-overs. These 1/4 the price of the cusco's I want.
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

That's exactly why I posted this, but I figure with a two year warranty you can run them hard see if they deteriorate quickly and get them warrantied. But then again a little voice in my head is saying that they will start to ride like shit right after the 2 years are up :?
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

Also does anybody know how much drop you can expect on an SS? It says you can adjust from 1-3 inches on an impreza but I'm guessing the stock suspensions on the two vehicles are different and they don't weigh the same
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

Post by 91legacyawdturbo »

Doaomo wrote:Two guys I know locally have these and they are nice for the money. I believe they said they bolt right up with no issues. I'll be getting some of these most likely. GC is what you want.
Damn there goes my secret lol, I'm one of the two people mentioned above. They're decent coil overs for sure. The rear top hats do not fit the bc cars. I went an used my old top hats on the rear but the front top hats fit perfectly, depends on how low/high you set them, I think u can set them pretty low. A bit stiff on the ride but I can tolerate them on my daily driver. Make sure you get an alignment.
91 SS, v9 ej207 twin scroll swap, Gda wrx dash swap.
2002 wrx sport wagon
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

T-LEGGY wrote:
That's exactly why I posted this, but I figure with a two year warranty you can run them hard see if they deteriorate quickly and get them warrantied. But then again a little voice in my head is saying that they will start to ride like shit right after the 2 years are up :?

Been a year + on mine haven't seen any difference in them.
2002 wrx sport wagon
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

I heard the raceland coilovers are a little lower spring rate than the rokkors. Do they ride decent over rougher roads at highway speeds?
dafrompa
First Gear

Post by dafrompa »

My buddy had mark2 jetta dumped to the ground he couldn't even make a u-turn in it and road nice on raceland coil overs.
91legacyawdturbo
Second Gear

T-LEGGY wrote:I heard the raceland coilovers are a little lower spring rate than the rokkors. Do they ride decent over rougher roads at highway speeds?
These are like sti springs, stiff you do feel the road but it's nice to be able to adjust ride height and be able to turn faster and the fact my car doesn't lift up when taking off. Definetly better traction.
2002 wrx sport wagon
T-LEGGY
In Neutral

Post by T-LEGGY »

Thats awesome to hear! I seem to get shit from everybody into the subaru scene for planning to buy these(mostly WRX/STi guys). One guys says theyre too soft for lowering, but he also has 10" wide wheels, rolled and pulled fenders and is only an inch or so off the ground,so I figure as long as I dont try and max out I wont have any problem with rubbing. I just want to be able to bring it up to a decent, yet still lower than stock level in the winter then drop it back down some more in the summer.
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Keep in mind that every time you change ride height with coilovers you need to get an alignment as it changes toe and camber settings which will lead to increased tire wear and poor handling.