Hi, what springs and struts to use to lower a 94 fwd wagon

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

pjager
In Neutral

Hi, what springs and struts to use to lower a 94 fwd wagon

Post by pjager »

Hi, trying to find out which year WRX or Impreza struts to use on the 94 FWD wagon, and is it possible to use lowering springs meant for those vehicles?

I have WRX wheels on it now, but will be putting on 17s from outback or trying to get the Euro WRX 17s.

Any and all help greatly appreciated, Peter
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Hi, what springs and struts to use to lower a 94 fwd wag

Post by Legacy777 »

You won't be able to use the rear WRX or Impreza struts on your FWD wagon. The rear strut design is different and can't be interchanged. You could try finding Impreza FWD struts for the rear, but I'd probably just suggest finding one's meant for your Legacy. KYB's would be my suggestion.

You can probably use the lowering springs from the 93-01 Impreza. However I'm not sure what the ride height would be like.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
pjager
In Neutral

Post by pjager »

Hi, since it is hard to find the lowering springs, how about the B&G sleeve coils. would those work? or the wrx in the front with springs,and the coil sleeves in the rear?

i would like to bring the front down, since it is up in the air.

Any combo that you can think of. As the front looks like it can come down 2-3 inches and the rear 2inches and the 17s or even 18s would look good with the STI front lip and the sides and rear lip.

thanks Peter

PS: want to look like the white one, i think those are 17s, maybe 16s. http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=43124
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I have not used the B&G coils, so I'm not sure if they would work. I used Whiteline Control springs to lower mine and was running them when I was still FWD, so that might be another option to look into.

I just looked and I don't see that Whiteline is still listing lowering springs, so they may not be offering them any more.

Hopefully someone else can chime in with comments/suggestions.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm