ESL Daughterboard and Phase 1 to Phase 2 Injector conversion

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
turbo_gc8
In Neutral

ESL Daughterboard and Phase 1 to Phase 2 Injector conversion

Post by turbo_gc8 »

I have an ESL daughterboard that I bought for my 1992 WRX. I recently sold my WRX when I bought my BRZ so I am selling the Daughterboard. I never personally used it, it just set in the box. It comes with an EJ20G ECU, but I have also been told that this will work with the 91-94 Legacy turbo ECU as well. I DO NOT have the OPTIONAL cable. The current tune is for the 440cc injectors. Any generic OBD1 - USB cable works, a friend of mine has one that he uses.

The injector conversion is NEW. The conversion lets you use phase 2 side feed injectors in a Phase 1 side feed car.

Looking for $320 shipped for both!
Current:
2006 STI GT3582R 29psi on pump/meth
1993 RHD Legacy wagon S366 turbo.. number soon
1993 RHD WRX EJ205 swap
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Re: ESL Daughterboard and Phase 1 to Phase 2 Injector conver

Post by kimokalihi »

I recently heard about these. I don't think many know about them. What are the limits/capabilities of this setup? Also, do you have the software to tune with? More info please.
98 Metro Hatch Daily Driver :)
91 SS EJ20G Engine/Tranny/Diff Swap Build Thread Here
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
subaru_styles
Third Gear

Post by subaru_styles »

this is my first time hearing about the ESL daughterboard, interested in info
1994 SS "JDM-OEM"

1997 2.5gt wagon, ricebowl, 207 swapped

1999 lifted 2.5gt wagon,"tokyo weekender"

1994 gt wagon, next build

1994 turbo wagon
Alphius
Fourth Gear

Post by Alphius »

Allows EJ20G tuning with Windows software. http://www.enduringsolutions.com/
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

You've got pm.
"Your testes are close to your bottom but you still play with them all the time." Jeremy Clarkson
turbo_gc8
In Neutral

Post by turbo_gc8 »

I don't know the limits of it myself. Most of the info is on the ESL website though! I know they are known as one of the best way to tune an EJ20G without going FUll standalone ems like a hydra. I do have the software with it!
Current:
1993 RHD WRX EJ205 swap
turbo_gc8
In Neutral

Post by turbo_gc8 »

SOLD ! Thanks for the interest guys and gals!
Current:
1993 RHD WRX EJ205 swap
James614
Fourth Gear

Post by James614 »

Kimo, you've gotta let us know how this works out for you!
93 Touring Wagon (EJ20G 5spd Swap) -- Finally back and running strong as ever!

05 Outback 2.5XT 5spd -- Now the wife can have her SUV and get in on the turbo Legacy goodness at the same time.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

;)
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Yeah, definitely let us know! Are you going to try and use it with the ej22t ECU or the EJ20G ECU?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

Ej20g. Coil on plug.
kimokalihi
Fifth Gear

Post by kimokalihi »

I just started doing research on this product and I'm a bit nervous now. Turns out they had a batch of bad boards that caused cold start issues of hesitation and causing the engine to fall on it's face. There's a couple threads I've discovered so far and there's been different versions of this board produced over the years. I need to find out which one this is. Apparently there was a MAF'less version for more flexibility and more airflow via map based tuning. There's also an earlier version that's not live tune. I don't know which one this is but I think it is the live tune. I'll send the seller a PM.

I really hope I didn't get a shit board. I also sent Rob an email to pick his brain on this hardware. I want 300 WHP. Found a graph that says at max duty cycle 525cc/min = 365 CHP so theoretically I should be able to hit 310 WHP at max duty cycle on a 4 cylinder engine. I want at least 50 more WHP (275) and I think it's attainable with a real tune. Or maybe I'll setup up to some 800cc injectors or something and go for even more? I'm not a tuner so I don't know what's realistic but I can dream.

I've also sent an email off to ESL to ask about their product and I'll report back when I hear from them. There's only one tuner I know of in canada far far away and from the threads I came across, he may or may not be an honest guy. There's people who have had successful experiences with him using these boards and his tuning and there's a few that had problems and at least one of which was never solved and resulted in a lot of slander and the customer losing $400 which was promised to be refunded to him for tuning.