Does anyone know anything about injectors

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Mraolguy
In Neutral

Post by Mraolguy »

i have a EJ22t i would like to go up in injectors not but a lot but some anyone know any info that would help me pic some out and where to find some ? Thanks
matt00rs25
First Gear

Dose anyone know anything about injectors

Post by matt00rs25 »

The 440s swap over. Anything else I believe you'll be swapping heads and manifolds.
SILINC3R
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Re: Dose anyone know anything about injectors

Post by SILINC3R »

Don't need to say it again so here's your last freebie haha. :-D

Also if you can give us more info that would be great. What year, what mods have you done, what kind of performance do you wish to reach, budget?

What injectors to use, and where to get?
Tony
90 LS Spec rio red sold
91 SS rio red R.I.P
90 Mazda Miata
2005 GT SWP
92ss satinsvoice wrote:LOL! that block was like F*** THIS! IM OUT!
mike-tracy wrote:Word. I'd love to get my hands on one of those trannies, but I just can't stomach the cost
Mraolguy
In Neutral

Re: Dose anyone know anything about injectors

Post by Mraolguy »

Thanks for all you're help guys i just started useing this form not to long ago have had the user name for a little bit but really didn't post anything tell like two days ago

And quasi-mod-o you have posted on just about everyone i put up with in those two days so thanks so much!

..Ps sorry for not searching for some of the things i'm asking i put a few post out before work and didn't even think about using the search i just wanted to get some helpful feed back which i got and ill be using the search from here on out =)

Also nothing has been done to the car as of now i have a TMIC that will be going in soon that is if my damn blow off valve gets here on time -_-
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Re: Does anyone know anything about injectors

Post by Someperson »

Actually quasi is just a rank, it's mike-tracy and SLINC3R that have helped. They are like forum moderators w/ less power lol
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

Much easier to swap over an n/a fuel rail with a newer style of side feeds (STi 550cc) then to try to pull out the stock injectors from the original fuel rails...half the time I end up breaking the top off one of the injectors.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
Mraolguy
In Neutral

Post by Mraolguy »

macipusy wrote:Much easier to swap over an n/a fuel rail with a newer style of side feeds (STi 550cc) then to try to pull out the stock injectors from the original fuel rails...half the time I end up breaking the top off one of the injectors.

when you say swap over the N/a fuel rails are you talking about the Ej22 n/a rails? because those are all over the junk yard where i live... lol and then any year STI 550CC injectors ? will they all fit the same ? sorry if my follow up Q sound dumb i'm just so new at Subaru i work with Diesels all day Subaru sound like they all fit the same kinds of parts from each other lol
Someperson
Fourth Gear

Post by Someperson »

or you can "make" them fit but most parts from 89-06 impreza legacy, outback, and forrester parts will "work" (and i use the word semi-loosely)
Blue 94GT dead and steadily parting out.
Silver 93 Fwd N/A sedan undergoing repairs
93 Winestone TW project
92 SS scrapped by my landlord...
Mraolguy
In Neutral

Post by Mraolguy »

Someperson wrote:or you can "make" them fit but most parts from 89-06 impreza legacy, outback, and forrester parts will "work" (and i use the word semi-loosely)

Okay well thanks a lot man ill have to hunt me some Injectors and rails down i dont even know where to look for injectors and if you don't mind me asking why the N/a Rails ?
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

cause thats what fits the 550s. also, dont bother running larger injectors without robs ecu tune or standalone. your looking at least 5 large bills for that alone. if u dont have the money just get injectors or injectors and rails from the junkyard.
Last edited by sqc151 on Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
macipusy
Third Gear

Post by macipusy »

92-94 n/a rails + STi 550cc sidefeeds, then figure out how you want to tune it....piggy back, standalone or Robtune.
maciek puszynski

01 Impreza | v6 STi RA | 5mt | ej236t
93 Legacy Turbo | TW | 4eat | ej22t
16 WRX | 6mt | fa20
98 Legacy GT | wagon | 5mt | ej25d

2.36L Turbo - RSTi Build
Mraolguy
In Neutral

Post by Mraolguy »

macipusy wrote:92-94 n/a rails + STi 550cc sidefeeds, then figure out how you want to tune it....piggy back, standalone or Robtune.

So i know what Robtune is but what is the piggy back and or standalone ? what are those and how do you do these ?
sqc151
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by sqc151 »

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=standalone+ecu

seriously mraolguy, google and search button is your friend.
matt00rs25
First Gear

Post by matt00rs25 »

Standalone is expensive and you'll need to tune it. Robstune is about half as much and you still need to do some wiring.
Mraolguy
In Neutral

Post by Mraolguy »

matt00rs25 wrote:Standalone is expensive and you'll need to tune it. Robstune is about half as much and you still need to do some wiring.

Oh okay thanks =)