Video compilation of "The Dragon" 2003 @ Deals Gap

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

magnux
First Gear

Video compilation of "The Dragon" 2003 @ Deals Gap

Post by magnux »

Just finished up a video compilation I did of footage taken at "The Dragon" @ Deals Gap, NC in 2003. I figured a few people here may get a kick out of it, enjoy!

Click here for streaming WMV video [25.5MB] (10 minutes)
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Sweet! I'm so DLing this when I go home on my lunch break this evening. :twisted:
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Cool vid. What's up with the car that crashed?

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

cery cool video
magnux
First Gear

Post by magnux »

eastbaysubaru wrote:Cool vid. What's up with the car that crashed?

-Brian
Guy from the NASOIC. Apparently, he came around the corner a little too hot and caught some debris. Not sure if he over compensated or what, but the car rolled.

A few bumps and bruises, but no one was hurt. Hell, amazingly enough the windshield didn't have so much as a crack.

The year before, I was witness to another Subaru accident. A guy in a Legacy was cut off by two arrogant jerks in Shelby Cobras. They were coming from the opposite side, both of them cutting over the yellow line. The Legacy comes around the side, and swerves into a ditch to avoid a collision while the Shelby's spin out.

The shocker is, neither of them checked to see if he was ok. We came around the corner, saw the cars spun out and asked if we could help. They told us, "No, we're fine. Thanks for stoping!" all the while the other guy is in a ditch not even 10 yards away. We flagged down a Chevy Z71 to help yank the Legacy out of the ditch.

The Legacy suffered a dented fender and a bent wheel. It drove over 1,000 back home the next day.

That day I knew I wanted a Subaru. And, here I am today with the same car that made we want a Subaru.. a Legacy. :)

So.. as you can imagine, I can only speculate what to expect this year at the Dragon. It would be nice if a few more Legacy people represented, as it's generally an Impreza convention, lol. It's in May, every year. You can find more information about it @ http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthr ... did=364261
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Hey magnux, that was me :)

The fender was actually OK, some scracthes on the bumber tho and i had to massage it a bit back to it's original shape.

HERE'S what few pics i have

I'm glad i could help influence your suby buying decision! :lol:

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
magnux
First Gear

Post by magnux »

mTk wrote:Hey magnux, that was me :)

The fender was actually OK, some scracthes on the bumber tho and i had to massage it a bit back to it's original shape.

HERE'S what few pics i have

I'm glad i could help influence your suby buying decision! :lol:

MK
lol, Glad to see everything worked out. Oddly enough, I see myself in one of those pictures. I was the guy who flagged down the truck to yank you out. :)

But yes, you could say your incident was the single most deciding factor in me getting a Subaru. :D :D
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

magnux wrote: lol, Glad to see everything worked out. Oddly enough, I see myself in one of those pictures. I was the guy who flagged down the truck to yank you out. :)

But yes, you could say your incident was the single most deciding factor in me getting a Subaru. :D :D
Awesome, which person are you? Thanks for getting that truck, i ahd my doubts, but it just yanked me right out of there.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Ohhhhhhh yeah. . . . now I remember. Saw some of these up on NASIOC last week. . . I think. :P
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Last week?! Hmm, i'll have to search, curious about the thread.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT