Ever have to do this

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Grant
Second Gear

Ever have to do this

Post by Grant »

Driving through the Denver Tech Center on I25 today during rush hour my outer passenger side cv joint decided to break and I got to push my car about 1/2 mile to a spot where I could pull it off the road. I got a ride to a phone and called a buddy and we went back to fix the problem. We pulled up and I pulled out the trusty cordless impact, jacked up the car, took off the tire, and was getting ready to take the half-shaft out when I look up and see a Ford F-550 or some other big construction style truck full of cones slam on it's brakes and spin a 180 in the middle of the highway. Almost tipped it and suprisingly no other cars ran into him. He had to have been going about 50. The tow truck pulled up and the hp but they just found it entertaining that we were just going to fix it on the side of the road. Anyhow, we finally got the old one out. Drove across town to Autozone to take advantage of the lifetime warranty and got the new halfshaft and put it in. Fun night huh.

On another note I just bought a set of WRX wheels with nearly new Falken Azenis. I'm so stoked to have good street tires.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Ouch. I've had to do some roadside repairs before, but never a full halfshaft or anything else that major. Usually just simple stuff under the hood.

Glad you guys got things fixed up, and glad no one decided to crash into you. :o
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

Seeing that truck spin would have been cool.

Did you say you were going to use Azenis on the street? That's a questionable move. They won't last long.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Yeah they'll be my third set of wheels/tires for my car. Are the Azenis pretty quick wearing tires?
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Grant wrote:Yeah they'll be my third set of wheels/tires for my car. Are the Azenis pretty quick wearing tires?
They're pretty soft tires. . . good compound for autocross. Don't expect TOO good a traction in the rain. . . and in the snow, forget about it. :)
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

The only reason I got azenis is because my wheels came with them. Id NEVER purchase them myself.
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

Azenis are all over the autocross scene. I would say the most popular because of the price. Compound rating is somewhere around 200.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent