Turbo MAP Boost Sensor Replacement Options

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LikeUCare
First Gear

Turbo MAP Boost Sensor Replacement Options

Post by LikeUCare »

Hi, have a 94 SS with a bad MAP, tossing CEL 45 and fuel cutting during acceleration and just going down the road intermittently. Took to the dealer and confirmed what I had researched on here and quoted over 400$ for the OEM Turbo MAP. I told them to go piss off and put an ad in the Parts Shed and been all over the web looking for the stock Denso 22012AA020 3 wire OEM MAP without any luck.

So, my question is, what other options are there? I see tons of 22012AA070 Denso MAP sensors on eBay and the plug looks right and I suspect it MIGHT work but wanted to see what others have done. I have a TD04 with wastegate actuator bypassed and MBC but the car has been running just on wastegate (7psi) pressure since engine rebuild around 30K ago.

I suspect the sensor reading range on the turbo versus the NA MAP is different (read somewhere 2 versus 1.5 bar) but if I am keeping boost low would this matter?

Any other cheap/easy options out there? Thanks in advance for the help.
1994 ABM 5-Speed SS Rebuilt EJ22T, Walboro 255, TD04, 06 WRX Intercooler, 3"TBE, WRX Rims, WRX Seats, STi Pitchstop, KYB AGXs
SOLD
dankberries
Second Gear

Re: Turbo MAP Boost Sensor Replacement Options

Post by dankberries »

I may have a used one stored in my parts stash. I won't be home tell late tonight to check, but if your OK with a used one I could probably let it go for $40.
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''
speezly
Second Gear

Post by speezly »

If he doesn't want the used one, I'll take it
93 Legacy l AWD 5mt
87 GL-10 Turbo 5mt
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Code 45 is for the Pressure sensor and pressure exchange solenoid valve. Your problem is more than likely the pressure exchange solenoid which is a pretty common problem with these cars. New ones can be had for around $100. You can get used ones, but they are likely to fail again in the near future.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
dankberries
Second Gear

Post by dankberries »

speezly wrote:If he doesn't want the used one, I'll take it
He never replied so I guess it's up for grabs. I think I have the whole bracket with pressure exchange, map, and wastegate solenoid.
Did you need just the MAP ?
93 impreza rally muffin
93 legacy ss Tarmac Terminator
89 Nissan 240sx sr20
90 Nissan 240sx 2jz
killajamal wrote:Dank is actually German for "silly term which the kids have come up with to describe exceptionally choice marijuana.''