Ruby Mica Metallic?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Ruby Mica Metallic?

Post by LaureltheQueen »

How rare is this color? I hardly ever see legacies in this color, and on my window sticker, there's a $120 charge for "special paint" Dunno what that means?
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Metallic is considered special paint. The guy who painted my car said that reds and whites are the most expensive to paint, though because of the cost of the pigments. My car's blue metallic, I don't think the metallic actually costs much.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

My Legacy is Ruby Mica Metallic. Hehe, I pulled into Burger King this afternoon right behind another Ruby sedan and parked next to her! She said it wasn't her car, didn't know anything about it...

They're actually the most common color I see here in FL. Steve, I don't think I've ever seen a BC-BF in your color in person before...

The rarest color for a nonturbo has to be black though. Does anyone on here have a black nonturbo?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
AWD_addict
Fifth Gear

Post by AWD_addict »

My Legacy is also Ruby Mica Metallic. If only there weren't so many chips and scratches...

I've seen a black nonturbo sedan that I beleive was an LS, 90 or 91.
90 L+ wgn
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

My sister had a black '93 N/A sedan. She had to junk it when the CV joints went because whoever had replaced them f-ed 'em up somehow - it was impossible to get them out. The rest was pretty beat up anyway.

I never saw another Legacy my color until I bought it. There's actually another wagon 2 blocks away from me.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I have never seen my color before. I have a feeling it's one of the rarest colors :)

That makes me feel special :)
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

evolutionmovement wrote:The guy who painted my car said that reds and whites are the most expensive to paint, though because of the cost of the pigments.Steve
Here in the UK white is the cheapest colour of paint you can buy! (Ford Diamond White to be precise...)

Also white cars are the slowest selling and tend to lose their value fastest. I just read an article the other day in a magazine about dealers who had otherwise desirable cars left lying on the lot for months just because they were white! :shock:

And what colour is my Legacy??
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

I think first gen Legacys look best in white. Especially with the black window trim, and wrap around moulding. the black and white gives it that sporty look.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
MrBean85
First Gear

Post by MrBean85 »

My sisters 91 L is that Misty Dawn Metallic...also had a $120 special paint charge. Never saw any first gens in this color until she got hers and now they seem like they are everywhere.

I thought the Winestone was pretty rare until after we bought mine and now thats the primary color of Legacies around here it seems like!
2002 VW Jetta 1.8t 5spd 62k miles

92 Legacy L AWD sedan, 4EAT, 190k miles, Magnaflow muffler, K&N, & removed intake silencer

RIP 11/7/05 94 SS 5spd 133k miles
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I've yet to see another rio red suby.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I have one, I think Laurel does too.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

jawesome, but i thought she started this thread :?

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Laurel's is Ruby red, which is darker - more a blue-based red while Rio red is more yellow-based. i've only seen a couple earlier models in the Rio. I see Rubty red a lot.

Steve
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

No, its Rio Red and RUBY PEARL not Ruby red!
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

RUBY MICA METALLIC

and my car's NOT rio red. It's ruby mica metallic. :)
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That's it ciper! I've had it with your wise responses and rude behavior! You die now!

j/k :lol:

Steve
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

LaureltheQueen wrote:RUBY MICA METALLIC

and my car's NOT rio red. It's ruby mica metallic. :)
actually it's mica first then ruby :P

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Ive seen it labeled ruby pearl and not mica. At the moment the only place I have access to would be paintscratch.com
Bosco
Second Gear

Post by Bosco »

I've got "Winestone - Dark red mica" according to one website...
Another calls it just "Winestone"
and another calls it "Dark Red Pearl"

The names seem to change depending on who you ask.

(color code 218)
My color doesn't seem to be rare at all. I've seen several.

94 Legacy Touring Wagon - 5MT Swapped and now with 100% less turbo!
02 Legacy L wagon - Auto
92 Legacy L fwd auto
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

LegacyT wrote:I think first gen Legacys look best in white. Especially with the black window trim, and wrap around moulding. the black and white gives it that sporty look.

Mark,
Werd. :wink: