Fiberglass Group Buy 89-91 NEW INFO (04/15/2005)

Got something for sale? Need to sell a part? Got some stuff on auction that you want to let us know about?

(Legacy Central BBS is not responsible for any arbitration between its users relative to this forum.
Play nice and deal straight)

Moderators: Helpinators2, Moderators

Forum rules
Please see the NEW Parts Shed Rules before posting: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewto ... 15&t=55814

Sales of parts and parting cars only. Complete or parted car posts should be made in Car Lot: http://www.bbs.legacycentral.org/viewforum.php?f=32
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

*UPDATE 09/08/2003

Post by David Carter »

A couple things.

A.B.E. Just finished the first CORRECT hood today, so as soon as i inspect it for defects or problems, i will give him the go ahead to knock out the rest.. Then i will start shipping ASAP.. no delays anymore.

Bumpers will happen Imediately after when i pick up the hoods i'll be dropping off the bumper and my wagon so that he can get started.

Expect bumpers to be shipped before christmas..hopefully i can make it my christmas present to you guys for the paitents you've all had.

Eric Eaton, I will send your scoop and refund out this week. i just needed to get paid first. :)

...PSPSPS..

BAD HOODS: Ok we all know jon messed up the scoop. and this anouncement really dosen't apply to the group buy.. but i have 9 BAD Hoods I will be calling "RACE HOODS"..

Now there is actually nothing wrong with them physically, but apperance wise they have a 1/4 inch rise around the hood scoop., they'll pass the 50ft rule(i.e they'll look good at 50 ft away). But for race hoods they are lighter,than stock, strong as stock. the hood scoop is open but the vents are AS IS. if you want to make the vents functional either dremel out all 221 honeycombs by hand like i have to do on each Group-buy hood (labor of love people!), or just cut out the vents completely and screw in some wire grillwork you can pick up at any parts store.

All factory mountings are retained as well as the factory windshield sprayers.

For racing all that would be need at the least.. is bolt up and race. Hood pins not being a requirement..but are suested for racing applications.

If you want more of a finished look i would recomend a profestionall Auto body shop for exsact fitting/finish.

If you can't already tell i can't spell worth shit..deal..please bear with me.

Price for these "Race hoods" will be $300.00 flat..

!HEY, WAIT DAVID, ISEN'T THAT PRICE HIGHER THAN THE GROUP BUY PRICE?

Well yes it is..should have gotten in on the group-buy...

Shipping? yes there is shipping how much is it... I don't know yet.. i haven't priced that out yet.. but i know i won't be eating that cost.. hell if your in the area you can come buy any pick em up.

For those on the group-buy who paid your shipping and handleing or who haven't, i still honor the 50 dollar S&H per part cost i quoted.. if it's more, i will eat it..

If your interested in buying a "Race Hood" e-mail me at:
Bussaca@claws-and-paws.com
with Race hood as the subject.

David Carter
91 Subaru Legacy LS 2.2l FWD WGN
91 Subaru Legacy SSDN 2.2t AWD
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

UPDATE OCT 9 2003

Post by David Carter »

The hoods are finished. Now it's out of A.B.E's hands i have to pick them up on monday, i will put pics up as soon as possiable.

What you will be waiting on.. I have to Dremel out the vents.. and install the threading for the latch and hinges.

Also you will be getting replacement bolts that fit these heavy duty threads. fitting dosen't change. this will still be bolt up, your just getting newer more reliable parts.

Those of you who said you would pick yours up please get in touch with me to make those arangements ahead of time.

Shipping: I'm still looking.. Overnight Trucking is so far the best bet.. they are working a deal with me.. but it's not finalized yet because they are bitching over the fact that i'm NOT a buissness per say.. and that they may have to stick me with consumer rates (i.e 300 a hood AAARRRGG)

They also offer residential to your door delivery..at no extra cost..which is nice..

MY race hoods are not selling to say the least..and it seems 300 is to much to ask on Ebay.. well lets say 89-91 is a nitch market. I have a good feeling 92-94 will do better for me.. but unless i can get rid of these it's not going to happen.. so to every one else not on the groupbuy $250.00OBO, if you pay 250.. i will install the threads and you get the hood AS IS.. if you OBO...i will include the threads but it's up to you to thread these hoods...and they to are AS IS..
SHipping..is on you i can't give a rate yet..i don't have one.. but i really need to recoupe some sort of money on these..cause shipping is going to kill me more than manufacture..

I will keep you all posted.

My contact info is:
Bussaca@claws-and-paws.com
(610)-821-9259

David Carter
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

David, Can you just go get a business license? I know they're like $50 in CO and like $60 in Wyoming. Might be worth it from the saved expenses in shipping?
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Post by David Carter »

Grant, so far i'm being worked with..thier trying to consider me an e-bussness.. Their rules say a bussness is any place that has hours on the front of thier place of buissness, that a customer can physically enter.. and today thats not true. especially with e-buissnesses..they said they've had to deal with this before...if push comes to shove I will do that.. but for now..it's a wait and see...

David Carter
franticfour
In Neutral

My rally car hood scoop

Post by franticfour »

David,
I'm still waiting for my hood scoop from my rally car.

I loaned this during the initial molding prosess and was expecting it to be sent right back.

I've been told it will be sent around 5 times and still have not recieved?

Also wondering if I'll be recieving any parts soon :?:

Thanks - Eric Eaton

Please send to here -

Frantic Four
2510 S. Holgate
Tacoma, Wa. 98402
franticfour
In Neutral

Post by franticfour »

hey David, thanks for getting my hood scoop sent back.
Looking forward to getting the hood.
Rally On! Eric
http://franticfour.com/
franticfour
In Neutral

I'd sure like my hood and bumper

Post by franticfour »

Hey david,
Any parts being sent soon?

Eric Eaton - (253) 229-8092

http://franticfour.com/
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Please send my hood to S-Squared.

S-sqaured
3501 Sunrise Blvd #8
Rancho Cordova Ca, 95742

Has anyone got theres yet?
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Anyone got the hood yet?
franticfour
In Neutral

Post by franticfour »

I haven't recieved anything and have been told many times the hood's being shipped. :x

It's been a year and a half.
I just want my $$$ back at this point.

What's going on David?
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

No luck but bad luck...

Post by David Carter »

I can't express how sorry this all has taken. I made calls to most everyone about being back from Basic training/AIT and how they wanted their vents cut or not cut or whiether they wanted me to install the mounts or your body shop and that i had just signed with overnight freight to do our shipping.. all was about to happen..

I got deployed to iraq..i've been here at LSA Anaconda for the last month, and at Camp virginia, kuwait for the monh before that.. i had hoped to get the hood to you by christmas but i was at Ft. Dix for christmas sleeping in a hanger...

I'm sorry.. I'm sorry I'm sorry..

I'm tring to get jon (my roomate in PA) to start sending full refunds as ABE Fiberglass went under shortly after i left on deployment.. so there will be no bumpers.. the hoods WILL be sent..as the almost 2 year wait has been payment enough...

Those of you who were planning on picking up your hoods are still welcome too.. (610-821-9259 is my home try and contact jonathain clauss and see about fixing a time/date to pick up your hood/refund..

Those of you who don't live close by i am working my best to get you your refunds... i'm an e-3 and i don't make much,, but i have to make this up to you all... it's my responceability to fix this.

It's a shitty picture... i will try to send more...

David Carter
362nd MP Det, LSA Anaconda, Balad Iraq.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

I think its a cool picture.

If refund paypal ciper @ hotmail . com

If Im getting the hood ship to

S-sqaured
Attn: Nate/Brandon
3501 Sunrise Blvd #8
Rancho Cordova Ca, 95742
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Hmmm, he doesn't live THAT far from me . . . maybe an hour and a half tops.

Anyone who ordered a hood interested in possibly sellin me theirs . . . I'd go pick it up to assure "delivery."
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Well...hohum. Thanks for getting back to us finally. I'm glad the hoods worked out (they did, right?) and its too bad the bumpers won't happen...they would have been sweet, maybe I'll have to looking into fitting a 2.5rs one. So the final version hood with the fixed non raised hoodscoops got finished? So we can get the hoods if we don't want a refund? We just need to pick it up? Is there any way shipping can happen? Hmm....road trip to PA...

David....when are you going to be getting back from Iraq? I imagine their won't be much hope of getting any hoods shipped till then...So anyways, please take care of yourself over there man! What is LSA Anaconda? The name of the base?
Thanks
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Boostjunkie, Ill sell you my hood if you like.
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

trying...

Post by David Carter »

"Well...hohum."

I'm sorry..i have no exuses..i'm tring to work a solution from 6000miles away..

" Thanks for getting back to us finally. "

again i'm sorry..this is the first i've been able to get to a computer..

" I'm glad the hoods worked out (they did, right?) and its too bad the bumpers won't happen...they would have been sweet, maybe I'll have to looking into fitting a 2.5rs one. "

the mounting of one did not look to be much of a problem..go to your subaru dealer part dept and have them print out the bumper assembly scematics of both cars.. it wasen't far off..

"So the final version hood with the fixed non raised hoodscoops got finished?"

yes.

" So we can get the hoods if we don't want a refund? We just need to pick it up? Is there any way shipping can happen? Hmm....road trip to PA..."

Everyone is GETTING a refund.. I am working on that and sending everyone a hood that they still are waiting on..no either or.. they are getting a refund and a hood..

"David....when are you going to be getting back from Iraq? "

about 2 years..

"I imagine their won't be much hope of getting any hoods shipped till then..."

No, i'm very much tring to get this happening.. it will happen.

"So anyways, please take care of yourself over there man! "

Thank you.

" What is LSA Anaconda? The name of the base? "

Logistical Supply Airbase, Andaconda

PFC Carter
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Wow man! 2 years...crazy, must be big demand for experienced mp's over there I guess. Didn't you already go over there once before? Or maybe I was thinking that you had gone over and come back, when you had really been there the whole time, or am getting confused...
Well, glad the hoods are gonna happen, my IC and engine really need the lower temps...the bumper is more cosmetic, so I can live without it. Its too bad this whole thing didn't work out better, for both david and everyone else involved...it would have been cool...maybe some spoiler risers, or lips/skirts, or flared fenders could have been done if they had...hopefully this aussie front lip might work...
take care,
micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

So what type of date can we expect? Id like to know when to look for either a paypal or a hood.
aspect
First Gear

Post by aspect »

dibs on ciper's hood!
SvxJim13
In Neutral

hoods??bumpers??

Post by SvxJim13 »

ok so the bumper never got made but the hoods did so are they still forsale?? $250 finished? my hood is bent so im just looking for something with some class and thats not bent and thats close to where i live so i dont pay shipping...i live near allentown its only about a 20min drive for me so if they are still up for grabs let me know where i can come pick up meet...

Jim
91 Legacy L 150k+
92 SVX 110k+ (needs motor)
94 Legacy L 115k (killed in action)
90 Fun Justy (sold not so fun!)
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

did anyone ever get they're hoods or money?
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT
Exhaust, tint, fogs, anti-snorkus, plugs, wires, rims, tires, stereo and shifter knob :-)

A good car is like a good woman...
She will turn on when you want her to and she will always give you the ride of your life.
Pacman
In Neutral

hood

Post by Pacman »

Yeah i went and picked up my hood and refund a few months back i posted in the body, chassis and interior forum under fiberglass buy has pic of hood (still not installed due to funds and saving for winter wheels and tires)
2004 AWD 6-spd STI- Mine
1990 AWD 5 spd Legacy L SDN- Mine
1992 AWD SVX- Brother
1992 AWD SVX- Dad
2003 AWD Legacy H-6 Outback SDN- Mom
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

news..

Post by David Carter »

I just had Micum MacIntyre's Hood and refund deliveried, and i'm tring to get sam and beth barret's out by the end of this month..

but thats all i got now.

David Carter
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

another hood..

Post by David Carter »

Sam and beth Barrets Hood and refund went out on the 21st of August. Eric Eaton will be next.

David Carter
David Carter
Vendor
Vendor

Another hood...sent

Post by David Carter »

Eric Eaton's Hood went out today...

Hopefully UPS ships it quickly and he should get it in a couple days or so..

Next is Peter Hadfield i have to ship 2 hoods to him..again thank you for waiting patiently..

As far as any new customers.. NO not right now..right now i am putting my complete attention to tring to get the original group-buy thier hoods and refunds..

I will have hoods left over..not many.. but i cannot deal with that issue untill they are satisfied and taken care of. they have waited far to long.

I should be back from iraq some time springish next year.. if the group-buy is done by then.. i will try and sell my remaining stock..i'm out of the fiberglass bussness by reputation at this point.. Rallitek expressed some interest in what i had left...i might just sell them everything and let them deal with it. but that is so far in the future..it hasen't been even discussed other than casually..

Again thank you all for your patience.

David Carter