sound w/o aptmophersic vent comprmise

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

sound w/o aptmophersic vent comprmise

Post by azn2nr »

i just remembered a little while back at a local car show a guy showed up with a dsm (eclipse) first gen and before he even got there you could hear his bov from a mile away. when he poped his hood he had a greddy type s bov but he didnt have a trumpet on it in fact it had a silicone hose attached that lead back to the intake after the maf much like our settup. even though that particular valve comes as a spring valve you can take the spring out and it has vacum adaptors on it so that it can be operated that way. you just need an adaptor plate which goes for about 20 bucks on ebay to put on your stock silicone hose where the stock valve is now and some custom molded silicone to go back to the intake or if you can make the stock stuff work you can do that too.
theres a pic on this auction that shows what i mean and the sound that his made.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... gory=33742
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

Remove the spring from the bov? Are you sure he wasn't running +20lbs and that is why it was loud?
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

he was only running a stock level of boost. 12 lbs max i do belive. at one point later on after another show he actualy blew the spring out. but the greddy valve acts as the most universal valve on the market. it can work as a spring check valve with a trumpet or a vac valve(like ours) with a recirc line. that uses manifold vacume to raise the piston whenever there is vacume and uses pressure to keep it shut. no mater which way it is used it is pretty loud even as a recirc. and its the only valve i know of or seen that can be used with soft pipe.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]