All of you give me funny looks for wanting an auto?

Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

I agree that an auto is a better choice given the above statements, however . . . .

I've noted on several occasions how girls commented that "it was sexy" watching me drive stick.

LOL! Now argue that statement! LOL! :P
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

With an auto, your hand is free to manipulate other items in the vehicle.....
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I've personally never had trouble juggling and I enjoy a challenge.

Plus people don't bug me to borrow my car which saves me from having to be a dick and telling them 'no'.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

If the auto was truly superior to a manual then don't you guys think that race cars and high end (supercar) sports cars would have them? They don't and there's a reason. :roll:

I said it before and I'll say it again, the only race application that the auto may have an advantage in is drag racing.

You can load the engine up during braking and cornering with a manual too. :wink:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

ciper wrote:With an auto, your hand is free to manipulate other items in the vehicle.....
Who said I'd be doing the manipulating?

Shift up to speed, hit cruise, and allow to be manipulated . . . :twisted:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

As for the SMGII...its really a manual...right? sort of...it has a robotized clutch, doesn't it? Now those things really shift faster...I would really like to drive one of these...
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Kudos to a good thread.

carry on. :lol:
Noodles
In Neutral

Post by Noodles »

czo79 wrote:As for the SMGII...its really a manual...right? sort of...it has a robotized clutch, doesn't it? Now those things really shift faster...I would really like to drive one of these...
yeh essentially manual. u can put em in drive though if your sitting in traffic. the other good thing bout SMGII is launch control :twisted: its just paddles behind the wheel like a rally car. sweeeet.
E-mail me: www.sex@myplace.cum.ok
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Just wanted to reference a thread which lists supposedly the fastest first generation legacy, which uses an automatic, the worlds fastest WRX which also uses an automatic and the worlds fastest new age WRX which uses an automatic.

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=15550
minoru
First Gear

Post by minoru »

I came in Canada from Europe 7 months ago. I still strugle to get used to the racing concept here. U get a stripe of tarmac, preferably a quarter mile long, two cars as powerfull as possible, preferably good sticky tires, preferably autos...and a couple of drivers with slaming heavy right foot. And this is your race. :cry:

I don't blame anybody and especially I don't judge anybody.
You have wide straight roads here...so you need top speed. Back there...acceleration is the priority and the handelling. The roads being so narrow, windy and crowded....you need to stop to. Abs .... sucks...it's for women, it only makes the braking longer. So.....you need engine brake. Down shifting. And believe me...an auto tranny leaves you verry behind.

I've been driving since 96. I've been driving autos only for an year. Regulary for 6 months. So...I am new to autos. I just started 2 feet driving. I guess I am gonna get used to it. But I still say that manuals have there advantages over autos. A
And finally...what diferentiets drivers, Cars??? or skills.
93 Legacy EJ22T Station Wagon (4EAT-unfortunately)
God gave us cars so we can enjoy life faster!!!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I'll totoally agree with you about the whole 1/4 mile crap. It's interesting for about a day or two but I mean who really only wants to be fast for less than a mile. I'll take off roading anyday.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

"what diferentiets drivers, Cars??? or skills"

That would for the most part be the later, and if you have the skills to interface with an automatic it can perform well in not just the straight line.