Vid of my daily commute ;)

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

FG!!
Second Gear

Vid of my daily commute ;)

Post by FG!! »

92ss, 66bsa thunderbolt, 92miata, 06wrx
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

sweeet
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

damn fg, you got some balls :twisted:
were you on the triumph.
nice weelies.
i thought I saw a few motorcycle cops in that video
very crazy. nice :twisted:
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

What's the whine? Seems like he got pretty squirley there a few times.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

jesus, You are crazy :D Some of those spaces looked real close.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

The whine is the brakes. The chatter is engine braking locking up the back tire. I really hope nobody thinks that's me. I'm pretty nutty, but not that nutty.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Sure are alot of British cars in Seattle these days.

If I were to see someone like that coming up behind me, i would be forced to open the door on him.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

Whoah dude, please don't kid about that sort of thing.
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Im not kidding. I would open my door, watch him fly over his bike, then when he got up i would hold him accountable for the damage caused to my car.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

Uhhh, no. It is completely legal to lanesplit in California. You will get an assault charge, and you will be sued for his medical bills.

Now knock it off. It sounded like you were threatening me.
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Yep, you can lane split in any traffic under 35mph when there are two or more lanes in the same direction, between the cars and not between a car and the shoulder (if I remember right).
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Well I like bikes. But I don't like bikes that come terring through the lanes faster than a bat out of hell. So I sympathize with both sides. Most cops don't chase bikes here, and it some counties they are forbbiden to. The bike guys just think they can get away with it because they are fast but they endanger everyone else when they think they can. The other day I got stuck in traffic because some county got into a pursuit after a biker and had blocked off the road. He crashed, but they got him. I say more power to them. I'm all for bikes and lane splitting when it is agreeable to do so. But running from the law and laughing about it "because you can" is another matter all together.

Not that this guy in the video was too overly crazy, but I have seen some that are.

Had to vent on that one sorry. :)
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Ciper and Ryan knew what I meant. I didnt mean to threaten you, but if your dumb enough to romp through traffic at those speeds, when cars arent more than 2' from eachother, then im sorry... but your in for a suprise when you try to pass me. Its bad enough I have to listen to every honda boy and his 4" exhaust scream past my house every saturday night... if i could, i'd open the doors on them too.

Seeing this video, and others like it, just enrages me. I mean no offence by this post.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I agree. There's a small, but unfortunately highly visible percentage of a-hole motorcyclists out there that I hate. I've swerved into the other lane at many a 'tough guy' in their Harley coming up and blasting their pipes on purpose alongside me with my windows down. Loud pipes may save lives, but excessive noise may kill them if I'm in a bad mood. Those guys have been relatively smart though and get the hell away from me after a little maneuver to let them know. The showboats I'm not fond of either, but I leave it to chance and Darwin to eventually take them out. I just wish public health care didn't have to pay for them when they injure themselves through stupidity.

I have no problem with the many decent bikers out there, of which I count several as friends.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Well to try save this thread from becoming a venting atmosphere, I do want to say that I love bikes. My grandpa has been riding since he was 13 and I can only remember a few times when he's been in a car. I pretty much grew up on the back of his goldwing.

The issue with harleys: I try and be sympathetic. Yes I do find them a bit loud, but if figure if I was in a muscle car, I'd probably be pretty loud as well.

The guys that really annoy me is the guys on those crotch rockets that feel like they own the world. I give them props for having the balls to cruise down the road on one wheel, but when they start cruising through taffic and acting reclessly and lane splitting at crazy speeds I get a little perterbed.

I once saw a bike running from school cop. The bike was cruising, and the cop was just kinda moving. hehe it was kinda funny, but it made me pretty mad at the bike.

I've had friends that run from the cops and are a bit crazy on their bikes. They'd cruise to San Francisco at 120 mph. Now that's cool and all, but if someone cuts you off a half mile ahead of you, you're going to hit them. One of my best friend's brothers died in a motorcycle accident being stupid. It wasn't the other person's fault, and he wasn't doing anything that most people don't do. He just took a corner at twice the speed limit and veared into the other lane in the turn and nailed a car. He just failed to see the lights in time. It sucks but it happens. No one gets on a bike thinking that bad things can happen. I've been around a lot of bad stuff related to bikes, but it hasn't stopped me from riding or enjoying it. I'm not a pokey driver and I have a lead foot as well, but the guys that treat the roads as a raceway are just making it dangerous for everyone. I would say thay do it more so than drivers because they are harder to see and they can do things that cars can't. They also can out accelerate anything on the road.

-Ryan
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I have dreams and aspirations to build one of the fastest Subarus in the country, I would kill to romp on a Ferrari 575M right in the middle of traffic, I wanna take a 69 Camaro SS and just do burnouts until the tires blew out...

But in no way, shape, or form would I ever ride a motorcycle. My half-brother died on one before I was born, and I think, in the back of my mind, that he wanted to have one last sone before he got too old, and well here I am :lol:.

I simply will not go 140mph down the road holding on to just two wheels and a frame by mere handlebars.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
Dr Nick
Second Gear

Post by Dr Nick »

I've got a bike and a few of my friends have too. Apparently we're the second-most 'at risk' group after 17-year olds for dying on bikes - the born-again biker. Yup, I had bikes when I was a kid and now that I'm older I enjoy the freedom, thinking time, solitude, fresh air, cameraderie (how the h*ll do you spell that???) etc etc.

I'm not insane. I can't ride on one wheel (well, I can on a unicycle but that's another story...). I don't run through traffic lines at stupid velocity.

My bike is one fifth the engine size of my Suby and gets to 60mph in 3/5ths the time (4.5 seconds!)

There are loads of gonzo people out there and some of them ride bikes. Some of them drive Subaru's (mostly Imprezas, granted :) ) but let's not get mad on the majority for the sake of some idiots. The guys on this vid are not representative of the rest.

If you kill me on my bike because I happen to be riding past when you choose to open your door who's going to be the one who lives with the consequences? Not me. You'll be the one who perhaps has to face my family in open court. You'll be the one who thinks about my two-year old son and my fourteen-year old daughter left fatherless.

Sorry to get a bit morbid, but posts like "I'll open my door on you" just make my blood run cold. It's un-thinking anger that leads to situations that get out of control and end up in sorrow. [/morbid rant].
- Rob

1992 Legacy Turbo Estate (Wagon) / 5MT / 186k miles. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/legacy.html[/url]
1986 Suzuki GSX-R400 / 6MT / 43k km. [url]http://www.griggs-taylor.co.uk/mybike.html[/url]
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

If you kill me on my bike because I happen to be riding past when you choose to open your door who's going to be the one who lives with the consequences? Not me. You'll be the one who perhaps has to face my family in open court. You'll be the one who thinks about my two-year old son and my fourteen-year old daughter left fatherless.
If you dont want to leave your children fatherless, then dont go screamin through traffic like that idiot did. I know you wouldnt, among most of the ppl here. But my statement was meant toward people who would come thrashin between me and another car.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

Where is the "report this thread to a moderator" button?
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Thats a good question. maybe because its the ashtray they dont care?

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I've always wanted a motorcycle, and I'll get one some day.

I don't care to go fast or weave through traffic, I just want to get one so I can ride around and have fun.

It's people that weave through traffic that kill my chances with my parents. I can't get one until I move out.

georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

With a motorcycle, you have to realize that a vast majority of hte time, people will do things as if you aren't there, because...well...they didn't see you. Most of the time there is truth to that. Motorcycles are just plain hard to see. It's like looking for an ant among warthogs. It just gets worse in heavy traffic situtions. So yeah, there is a danger there, but that just means that you have to ride with that in mind. You are a LOT more aware of what's going on when your on a bike (at least you should be.) Weather conditions, what's on the road (leaves, gravel, oil, potholes), traffic... all those things can make or brake your ride. Simple things that you wouldn't think about in a car can lay you down on a bike. Bikes also tend to ride between packs of cars. Were-as cars tend to speed up till they hit the next pack. :)

Still, I love riding a bike and leaning around turns. It is a feeling I won't ever get in my car. I love the wind in my face and the feeling of sitting on a bike. It's the whole experience. I don't think I'd ever open a door on a biker, but when I saw that one guy running from the school police officer, I was very tempted to weave back and forth across the lanes to slow him down.

-Ryan
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

The majority of motorcycle drivers become the best of 4 wheeled vehicle drivers around.

You learn so much riding a bike, including the sixth sense (reading other drivers minds). I think owning a bike, even for a short time is the best thing anyone can do.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Look at John Surtees - world champion on bikes and in a car.

I don't ride a motorcycle, but I do ride a bike and I find it helps open my mind up a little and focus more. I could drive much better after a ride. If I were a racer I'd ride the track first on bike if possible.

I feel for most motorcyclists as even on a bicycle inattentive people are always about and unlike a car where you have some protection or can even defend yourself, you're screwed on two wheels. Some people even actively hate you. I get people yelling stupid shit to me all the time or even throwing crap and I won't even be on their side of the street. I blame all the irresponsible idiot cyclists who give a bad rep to the rest. I assume its the same with motorcyclists - you don't notice the regular guys because they don't stand out - its the a-holes you remember and they're responsible for the negative perception a lot of people have.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, I'm a downhiller, and I always drive better after a ride. You can pick lines a lot better.