so im driving a 99 legacy 2.5 GT 5mt for the night :)

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

stant093
Voluntarily Dismissed

so im driving a 99 legacy 2.5 GT 5mt for the night :)

Post by stant093 »

so i passed a 04' WRX 2.0T at a local dealer this afternoon, and had to try it out!
thing has some G@damn power, very snappy! i think i fell in love :oops:

anyway, thats way out of my price range so im driving a 99 2.5GT 5MT for the night tonight, they let me take it for a night! suckers! no really, its a sweet car, i wish i could afford it, but screw the 12K price tag for a car with 80K miles. also has a front driver side wheel bearing making some noise, and the pass side headlight is out :( so im just driving it for the evening, enjoying the ride :)

i took some pics and a video or two behind the wheel at 50mph. ill upload them [pics] if anyone expresses some interest in them. ;)

hell with it heres a pic of her :)
http://public.fotki.com/stant093/winter ... t_pic.html
Last edited by stant093 on Sat Apr 03, 2004 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Take off any parts you can use and replace them with the parts from your car ;)
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

i think i might buy a late 90's gt pretty soon, i want something a little newer. And naturally i plan on eventually dropping a legacy turbo engine into it :). How strong is the gt 5mt compared to the legacy turbo's?

oops... thread hijack. my bad.
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
stant093
Voluntarily Dismissed

Post by stant093 »

a friend of mine said the same thing BAC :lol: i opened the hood and it was like he was at a yard sale...lol, i could use this, and that, and this would swap out for that perfectly....it was amuzing listening to him go lol.

im no tsure how the 2.5GT legacy holds up, i havent been in a EJ22T in about a year now, but i will say the GT didnt hold a candle to the 04 WRX impreza 2.0T....but i know it did 0-60 pretty damn well, and i also love the way it shifts, there almost no lag in between gears, i got used to the clutch exremely quickly. overall though, i think i could find the same car for a few thou cheaper.

i sure do miss the AWD drifts, they just dont seem the same in a FWD auto. i pulled a couple nice ones on some dirt roads i grew up beating GL's on, it was like i never missed a beat. i think after this summer i might splurge and give in to the "man" and sink my soul in debt.
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

theres a white 97 gt near me with 81000 miles for 8400. my friend was lucky enough to find a 98 gt 5mt with leather for like 12k a couple months ago, its a pretty slick car. i want the leather, does anybody know if its hard to find a gt leather interior?
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
FG!!
Second Gear

Post by FG!! »

Heh, that's great.

They were gonna let me take a Forrester XT overnight when I when to test drive it.

That woulda been a big mistake :twisted:
92ss, 66bsa thunderbolt, 92miata, 06wrx