Now this is a subie commercial

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Now this is a subie commercial

Post by Legacy777 »

http://subaru.com.au/downloads/464644.mpg

much better then that "when you get it, you get it crap"

And yes.....I do hate SOA's ad campaign ;)
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

What an AMAZING ad. The ad campaign in the states definitely has much suck. Especiallly that retarded ad with the two guys driving along listening to radar love, a song that I actually like. In Europe, they have 30 second ads that are all WRC footage. It's amazing. I can't understand for the life of me why they can't just do something like that over here. Maybe they don't need to sell any more cars than they're already selling :wink:

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Absolutely beautiful! Lexus should be put to shame for not coming out with a commercial that elegant!

Yes, I agree. I don't know who's head of marketing over at old SOA, but they need the boot for this "when you get it, you get it" BS...
Last edited by entirelyturbo on Tue Mar 11, 2003 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hehe... that's a weird commercial. More artsy than I ever expected a Subaru commercial to be. It was kinda cool, but most of the other people in my office who watched it over my shoulder didn't really get the whole "symmetry" thing.
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I see how they integrated the symmetry thing in the commercial and such and related it and stuff.

But the question I want to know is when did subaru start calling their AWD symmetrical AWD.........is it just a fancy new marketing linguist thing, or is there actually some difference to the AWD system.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

If you look at a Subaru Chassis next to one with front-wheel drive and such, you'll see that most non-subarus have un-equal length drive shafts. What this can do is fool the diff into giving one wheel more torque than the other (torque steer, etc).

For instance, in these cars if you downshift really hard in something slick like snow... one wheel will lock up. Having equal length drive shafts like ours virtually eliminates this. So this is one advantage we DO have in emergency stopping, you can slam into a lower gear and not go sideways from a wheel locking up from engine torque.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Very well done ad :D I see Subaru Australia is trying to appeal to a more classy group of people. The opposite side of the scope is the North American WRX ad with the two joke kids in the car.

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Daaaaaanngg. Damn classy! Suby Sales would skyrocket with an ad campaign like that one! .....I'm gonna change pants now.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

i dont know.. it seemed kinda somber, i feel like i should be crying
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

Yeah what's up with SOA's ad campain? It's downright embarrassing. It always makes them look like a second-rate company because their commercials always miss their mark. Now those Mistsu commercials (nightime, hip, urban) are awesome!
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

Well.......I was bored again....and didn't feel like doing any work......so I emailed SOA about their horrible ad campaign. :)

"I've been a Subaru owner for about 8 years now, and my parents had Subaru’s while I was growing up. Recently there has been more interest by Subaru of America to bring the more performance-oriented models to the states, i.e. Impreza WRX & Legacy B4. However there's one thing that has not seemed to change along with SOA's shift for classier, better performance models, and that is their ad campaign. Subaru commercials are dull. Some of the WRX commercials were decent in my opinion, but lacked the flare/class to attract your attention like some of the BMW or comparable commercials. Nor do they have the comedic presence that other car companies play on. To top it all off, the slogan, "When you get it, you get it" is about one of the worst ad slogans I have heard. Apparently I don't get it. But anyway, my main reason in contacting you is to show you what I think a GOOD Subaru commercial can look like. In my mind this is the best Subaru commercial I've ever seen, and it ranks up there or above the BMW & alike commercials. This ad was taken from Subaru of Australia’s website http://subaru.com.au/downloads/464644.mpg "
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Rallysam, I didn't notice any emoticon denoting sarcasm in your post about the Mitsu commercials. I hope you were being sarcastic because those commercials are FAR worse than ANYTHING SOA's put out to date. Even Dave Chappelle made fun of that retarded chick who's "dancing" in the shotgun seat of the eclipse.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

The Eclipse ads are getting to their market, dumb "hip" kids. And I think it works for mitsu. But I think they will have to do something different for the evo. Not enough dumb hip kids have $30-35,000 :) Oh and I think Subaru ads suck, the first WRX one was pretty good. vvrrroomm, the blue one on wet twistys.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I got a reply.......

"Dear Mr. Colombo:

Thank you for visiting the Subaru Web site and for your comments. We appreciate that you took the time to convey your thoughts to us regarding our recent adveristements. We also appreciate the link showing this Subaru of Australia commercial. Your comments and this link will be forwarded to our Marketing Department for their review and consideration.

Thanks again for your time and consideration!

Best wishes,

John J. Mergen
Subaru of America, Inc."
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

rallysam
Fourth Gear

Post by rallysam »

eastbaysubaru wrote:Rallysam, I didn't notice any emoticon denoting sarcasm in your post about the Mitsu commercials. I hope you were being sarcastic because those commercials are FAR worse than ANYTHING SOA's put out to date. Even Dave Chappelle made fun of that retarded chick who's "dancing" in the shotgun seat of the eclipse.

-Brian
I like 'em. At least they convey an image that is popular with people these days. Even better are the VW commercials like the one where the guy licks the doorknob. But, the "When you get it, you get it" commercial is a laughing stock!
'00 Impr RS - sold
'91 Legacy Turbo 5MT - mothballed
13psi, TurboXS TBE, WRX IC, Hallman MBC, TurboXS FCD, KYB AGX, Phil's STI seat, SPT short shifter, David Carter hood, Zeitronix widebandO2, Kuhmo rally tires, STI IC spray, thanks:gearboxtech.com
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I like the VW commercials. I just think the Mitsu ones are absolutely retarded. Something about them just says "I'm a retard who doesn't know shit about cars".

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
GizMo22t
First Gear

Re:

Post by GizMo22t »

I can't get the video to play?
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You're able to d/l it alright aren't you?

It's possible you don't have the appropriate codecs installed for the media player.

What operating system are you running? and what media player are you trying to play it in?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Have you guys seen this one? Pretty bad too. I wouldn't mind a having pair of aviators that guys has though 8)

http://www.subaru.pl/mmedia/forester200 ... er2003.mpg

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

that one has at least some comedic presence to it......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
2020 Outback Limted XT

GizMo22t
First Gear

Re:

Post by GizMo22t »

IT doesn't D/L at all. I have Windows media player no clue what the opperting system is. When i click on the link a Aol Media Player comes up. It says Connecting but nothig happens.
Mo
93touring wagon
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Try right-clicking and then "save as". This will let you d/l it to your computer. Then you should be able to double click to open it.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT