The Touring Wagon

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

The Touring Wagon

Post by LaureltheQueen »

It has 154k miles on it currently, front bumper's a bit f-ered up, and a few minor scrapes, a few door dings, it's faster than mine.... Guy's asking $3600, but is willing to talk price... He told me about some guy trying to lowball him at $2500, so he could have it as his part's car. I think i can get him down to $3000, max of $3100, i wont pay more than that. Having it inspected later this week, he just replaced the timing belt, water pump, has remote keyless stock, amd it's shiny... :oops:

Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

i think if all is well in the inspection you should jump on it
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

damn! that's nice, looks like cosmetic damage. I'd go for it, that bay is clean! and I still think it looks silver :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Ooh, what kind of fog lights are those? It's hard to tell from the pictures but they look almost like the stock foreign-market ones.

And what are the stickers above the sidemarker lights?

I think those dings are cool... They're just enough so the car doesn't look really bad, but they give you license not to be all worried about your car's finish all the time. :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Try a paintless dent removal place for those dings - they're cheaper, quicker, and do good work. Car looks great.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
LegacyT
Fourth Gear

Post by LegacyT »

Nice, and most importanly being on the west coast there is no rust. Out East here, most legacy's are rusted to bits. Its virtually impossible to find one as nice as that one, grab it 8)

Mark,
1991 Turbo Sedan, Aspen White 5MT, Sold RIP
1994 Turbo Sedan, Crimson Pearl 5MT, from British Columbia-no rust!
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

the stickers are actually "touring wagon" or "legacy touring" badges

it actually IS silver, the guy's camera just sucks, i'm totally pumped about it... next up, exhaust, headers, awic and boost controller. :-D
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Are those stickers stock?

Oh, when you have the car inspected, one thing you might want to do that I don't think has been mentioned is see if any codes are stored in the ECU. If there are any, check to see if the relevant sensors/solenoids look like they've been replaced or repaired.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
mikec
Third Gear

Post by mikec »

I'd definitely talk him down. There's writing around the dents and stuff... Why do people insist on writing all over their cars!?! :D

Very nice looking. I'll always have a special place in my heart for Legacy wagons.
"That shouldn't be a problem, since I do regularly visit the realm of subatmospheric manifold pressures." -- vrg3
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

what are the points that i can use to talk him down? He'll use the rare argument, and there're nothing really to counter that...
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

if youve got cash money slap it in his face and say take it or leave it. That usually works :D

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

There's that other one on ebay for a little more that looks perfect, but is in TX. Buy it Now is set at $3900 or so.

It may be rare, but what's the demand for it? If he's got buyers handing him their girlfriends for the night just for the privelidge of buying it, then I'd say you have little negotiating room, but I doubt its in that much demand. Consider that most people who want that car are enthusiasts and most of them want a manual. To most people its just an old wagon.

Talk down the body and the mileage (most people still consider 100k a lot, which it is for American cars, but that's not the point). You could also argue that at that age things that haven't been replaced are liable to go soon (alternator, power steering pump, etc.). At the same time don't shit all over it and piss him off - its a fine line between not looking like you want it so bad and looking like a time-waster.

I always bring cash and like to keep a low ball amount in one pocket so I can show him, "hey I've got xx right here." If theat doesn't work, I'll go up a few hundred more, taking it out of my wallet so he sees you've nothing else in there, like "well this is all I've got..."

Never had to go any further than that, but if I did (and still wanted it) I'd maybe tell him I could get a few hundred more but he'd have to wait until tomorrow (next bank nusiness day, have to borrow it from a family member, etc.).

Good luck

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I say get it too. That car will look great wrapped around you Laurel. I like Steves idea about the cash too, :twisted: I'm going to use that myself (if I can ever pay cash for a car :roll: ) .

Do you think there's anyway you could build this wagon up real quick to about 400 whp without Art knowing so that when you first take him out you can spank the STI! :lol:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

lol... i wish!

Uh, it's a combination of a loan and $1000 cash, I'm taking out a loan for the extra that i dont have cash for right now, being made up by a few different sources my mom's giving me $1000 for my current legacy next month, and then my tax return as well as an insurance settlement from that chick that hit my bumper few weeks ago if i ever get it. So i'll only be financing between $700 and $300 in the end, but i dont want to wait for the car to go away... I was going to paly the poor student card, but he saw Art and I driving around in the STi this afternoon(he lives about 3 minutes from art's apartment) so i think that screws me.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

LaureltheQueen wrote:. . . I was going to play the poor student card, but he saw Art and I driving around in the STi this afternoon(he lives about 3 minutes from art's apartment) so i think that screws me.

Sorry. :oops:
Last edited by Yukonart on Mon Apr 12, 2004 2:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

but art's not buying the car right, so you can still be poor :)

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I can try. :)

a-hole seemed surprised that i knew anything about the car... :evil:
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

LaureltheQueen wrote:a-hole seemed surprised that i knew anything about the car... :evil:

Amost always works to the buyer's favor. :wink:
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I agree. I find in most cases sellers know little about the car (especially dealers) so assuming you're not looking at junk, it usually means they don't know its reall value - just the rough estimate Kelly states.

Steve
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, the Turbo Legacys SHOULD go for more than their KBB because of the rarity.

Similar to the 1995 Ford Taurus SHO. KBB is like 3k, but every single one I looked at was running at over 5k and up to 8k with super low miles. The manuals even more expensive than the autos.

Rarity is a key point to jack the price up.

I always play dumb when I am looking at cars. Let them try to sell it to me, then come back with a counter.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

he said he knew the car was rare, and LS's were going for around $5000, i played them down saying they probably had half as many miles, were 94's and were at dealers, where they jack up prices... i can just threaten to walk if he wont accept my offer... car's been on the market for at least 5,000 miles, he has to want to get rid of it...
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Pull the classic line...

"Are you really going to blow this deal over a few hundred dollars?"

Works EVERY time.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Cash always talks loudest, so if there's any way to convert your money to cash at a bank or something I'd do it.

I usually write myself one of those credit card checks for a few hundred over asking price (for regictration, slaes tax, etc. if I buy the car). If I don't buy the car I deposit the cash and immediately pay back the credit card. I do have permanent low rates, though. This method also helps your credit rating as they see you paying back large sums of money.

Steve
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

who the hell wears jean shorts these days? :lol:
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

your 1000th post better be a good one laurel. :)
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."