What should I do?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

What should I do?

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I need a new job. I'm burnt out on this Sears stuff, the store's turning into nazi-ville, and I'm not making enough money. I was thinking about waitressing, but I'm clumsy. Luckily, i'm cute enough(and concieted) to make decent tips. I sorta wanna sell rice as well, but there's no speed shops in the area, I COULD work at like, autozone or something, but wouldnt make much money. the local subaru dealership is not hiring anymore, so that wouldnt work. I go to school until 2:30, so getting an office job is not really an option. Any suggestions?
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

If you could try to get into Hooters you could make some damn good money. My ex used to pull a couple hundred a night and a hundred on weekdays. Tough job to get, but contrary to popular belief its not all about breast size - the biggest thing is an outgoing personality and waitressing experience if you have any. Maybe try a temp agency, but I don't know with your hours of availability.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

How about Mortgage lending. At least around here, most people make a decent amount. I was also under the assumption that they worked some strange hours, too.
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

When you said you wanted to sell rice, I took that literally. I didn't think there was much money to be had by walking door to door selling 5lb bags of Uncle Bens.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

BAC5.2 wrote:When you said you wanted to sell rice, I took that literally. I didn't think there was much money to be had by walking door to door selling 5lb bags of Uncle Bens.
LOL......yeah I sorta thought the same thing until I read on.......:lol:
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

work the sears crap until college. Sure it sucks but where else are you going to go? Being in school and having a good job don't really go well with one another. I say just deal with it until you're done with hs.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

Home Depot :)

I worked there for nearly a year. After a year you can get stocks for cheap. Plus they are usually pretty good about you getting your required breaks. They worked around my crazy school schedule as well.

You could also be a florest: delivering flowers in that new ride. There's always Pizza delivery, but that would suck. Let's see, what else? Waitress/hostess could get you some good tips. If you can get a job at Red Robin, or Spaghetti Factory, although, I don't think there is a Spaghetti factory near were you live. Hmm, I wasn't taking location into the picture; I may have to rethink this one.
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

pizza deliver = bank. Depending on tips you can make 10-15/hr+

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Dealership jobs kick ass.

My car has been out of commission since late October and I have yet to be without a car. Plus it pays a lot. I live at home, work 8-430 and then hit up night school. I earn about 26K a year and only pay car/health insurance that totals out at 146.50 a month. leaving the other 2200 as "spending money". Every day is different at work and I get to drive all sorts of cars. Not to mention that this is my first year in the buisness. If Subaru is not hiring, try somewhere else.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

I didnt read all the reply's so im not sure if this has been posted or not.

Call center jobs have always done me good. Right now i work for AT&T taking incomming calls for repair and maitenance. I make on average $13.42/hr. I get paid weekly at a base pay of $556/wk with anual pay-raises and full benefits. I started at $442/wk and have been working here for 18months. Vacation, paid time off, benefits, and also a union are all the bonus's i get, not to mention a yearly bonus of aprox $3000.

Other call centers ive worked for have also paid pretty well. Also, with call centers... most are open 24hrs so its usually easier to find an off-shift that will suit your needs.

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Hmmm. . . indeed, until you move up this way your options may be somewhat limited.

Up here (Bothell, WA) there are countless options:

Home Depot just a few miles away
Napa Auto Parts
Autozone in Everett
Carter Subaru

In Lynnhood:
Red Robin
Spaghetti Factory
The Keg
Olive Garden
Racing Concept
Lowe's Home and Garden
Best Buy
Sears. . . . again
REI
24 Hr Fitness

Hell, you should apply for Customer Care here at ATTWS. :D
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

or not. then we could both live in bothell, and both work for att.... :rolleyes: freaky.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Don't roll your imaginary eyes at me. . . . :lol:

Was just saying. . . . hell, they start the CC folks at $12/hr PLUS full beni's. :shock:

And they PAY to train you. ;)
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

perhaps group health running charts if there's one local. My mom could probably pull a few strings and get me the job.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
teaguespeed
First Gear

Post by teaguespeed »

Yukonart wrote:Don't roll your imaginary eyes at me. . . . :lol:

Was just saying. . . . hell, they start the CC folks at $12/hr PLUS full beni's. :shock:

And they PAY to train you. ;)

what job is this??? are they hiring???
'99 Impreza L 2.2 powa!

"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style."
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Hmmm, maybe thats why I keep getting a call from them everyonce in awhile :). I know my phone bill is paid :D

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

im a waiter and the money is pretty good if you can save you tips. and some of the places have the waiters and the servers so you dont need to wory about being clumsy
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

hmmmm
that sounds like a plan... :)
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
123c
Second Gear

Post by 123c »

Try Lowe's...

I've been working there for a year, and they seem to hire anyone off the street who know's what a hammer is, and what a board looks like... There are some very good benifits, but the trade off can be low pay until working up into a managment position...
[color=red][b]1993 Subaru BC Turbo Legacy (193k miles)
1971 VW Super Beetle
1989 Honda Elite 50
[/color][/b]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

You've got that right about Lowes and Home Depot hiring anyone. People don't know shit at those places. Almost as bad as Pep-Boys.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I hate those bastards - they moved in and put all the little guys out of business. At first they had knowledgeable, helpful people working there. Usually they were contractors picking up pay in the poor economy (this was like 10 yrs ago). Now that all their little competition is gone the douche bags dropped the pay to get rid of anyone who knew anything and started hiring surly wannabe retirees who were too stupid to save for their retirement and high school kids who are usually a little more pleasant, strangely.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, I know how you feel Steve.

If you don't know what you need, you are lost in the water at Home Depot.

Same goes for most places.

eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Not only do you have to know what you need, you have to know where to find it :( Those fuckers don't know their asses from their elbows.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT