i won!

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

TurboLegacy
First Gear

i won!

Post by TurboLegacy »

i raced a decked out eclipse tonight, and i actually one. maybe my car is faster than i think. it was a 92 awd turbo. those are supposed to have 210. it was an auto. i think they are heavier than the legacys too. how could this be?
92 legacy turbo 5spd fwd-12 psi, tm intercooler bov, walbro 255.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

maybe the driver wasnt racing, or didnt know how to drive?
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

DSM powwa!!!1
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

1st gen GSX's are nasty bitches.

I doubt you would have won from a stop if he was trying. If you did, something is probably wrong with his car.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Rish
In Neutral

Post by Rish »

1g turbos are 195 out of the box. 2g's are 210.

Rish
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Either he wasn't driving right, or there was something wrong with the car, as Laurel and Phil said. I've ridden in and driven a few 1G's, and they move!
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

i think his engine was shit-blue smoke.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

My brother had a 1G GSX. Holy crap it would move. Only 195 hp, but that thing was all guts and glory. AWD and 0-30 I've never been in anything much faster.
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

I was ever-so-close to buying a 1G Eclipse GSX before I got my Legacy. At that time, I wanted a Mitsubishi turbo and nothing else. I test drove it, the car friggen HAULED! and I looked at the boost gauge which was reading 14lbs instead of the factory 7 :shock: I didn't buy it though, because we found out the guy also ran a shop that fixed up totalled cars... :?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Smart - I read in Britain that they take two totalled cars and weld them together in the center and sell them as new with dire consequences if a collision happens later on. Don't know if they do that here.

I liked the original flip-light Eclipse and the later ones were OK, but a little overstyled for my taste, but either way those damn turbos could move. I'd probably get the Eagle Talon version just to be a little different.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

In a friend of mine's garage they welded together 2 old volvos of different years, i never saw the painted product, but looked pretty slick. :eek:
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

My dad's friend choped the back part of a car off and rewelded it to make it from a 4 door to a 2 :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

yesterday i beat a stock 1989 probe 2.2 turbo, it was close, those things are pretty quick

TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

by the end of the summer i want to be able to beat a eclipse/talon awd turbo

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I'm happy with the numbers i'm putting down now. Gas is too expensive to be upping my boost. Wait til this winter, then comes the awic and a few other goodies. Come next season's autocrosses, I hope to be able to take out wrx's
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

evolutionmovement wrote:Smart - I read in Britain that they take two totalled cars and weld them together in the center and sell them as new with dire consequences if a collision happens later on. Don't know if they do that here.
Steve
I saw a segment about that on 60 minutes or 20/20 or something. They were showing the cars underneath and the weld was like a huge scar. People were having fatal accidents at like 20-30 mph because the cars would just fold. :shock:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

just beat a red 80's camaro with a pot head driver( was smoking it at the time)

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

geez. you're all about the streetracing.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Regular Paul Walker.

Laurel! I'm shocked at your lack of proper grammar! "Street racing" is two seperate words!

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

i love racing, i love the danger, power, screaming engines, exitement and the look on the face of the driver who loses to me. i need a 1/4 track near where i live so i dont have to do it illegally anymore. i would rather have a shitty looking-fast car, than a show worthy-slow car. i will race anybody even if i know i will win or lose.

BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

That's probably some kind of complex. You should see a doctor about that.

I only enter races that I know I'll win, and I only enter those races in certain conditions.

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

I'll race people up to the posted speed limit, or if i'm already driving fast and there's nobody else around i'll get on it, but that's it. I prefer to keep what I do mostly legal, and not give police another reason to profile the drivers of any kind of import. There's a reason that I drive a wagon...
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

BAC5.2 wrote:That's probably some kind of complex. You should see a doctor about that.

I only enter races that I know I'll win, and I only enter those races in certain conditions.
I think that's a complex as well, you should see a doctor too :D
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Fear of failure. ;)

Just a month or two ago I raced a 2k+ 911 turbo. I knew I wasn't going to win but it was real fun and I gave him more of a race then he expected!
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

i really think my car is faster than it should be. i beat a brand new f-150 with a triton v8 and tonight i beat a brand new grand prix gt-no supercharger, but it had duals so i think it was the next best engine. i didnt know the prix wanted to race, the guy was old. when the light turned he spun his wheels, then i knew it was on. i floored it with my music up full blast( i dont like to race with my music on, its hard to know when to shift) and i also had my heater on. i beat him by a full car length by the next light. he was pissed that he just lost cuz he turned down the next street to avoid humiliation. everyone i beat does that. i did lose the other day. it was to a 60 sumthin nova ss with a built motor. im not lying about any of this or makin it up. i dont lie-except to my mother :lol: , jk. i was suprised i beat the prix.