BC/BF Legacies in the future?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

skid542
Fifth Gear

BC/BF Legacies in the future?

Post by skid542 »

Sorry if this has been covered before and if so feel free to direct me to that thread. But in three years tops I'll be graduating college with an Aerospace Engineering degree from Virginia Tech and will be ready and able to spend to get a nice car. Right now I have a 93 NA/FWD legacy sedan and absolutely love her. There is no doubt what so ever in my mind that my next car will be a Legacy. I love the styling of BC/BF and all the little things inside as well. My question is, how feasible or realistic is it to get a BC/BF when I get out of school and be able to fix it up so that it will perform and last me for a minimum of 5 years? When I say perform I mean I'd like to be putting down 300+hp at the wheels and have a suspesension and all to match. I'm quite happy working on a car myself and the potential that the EJ22T offers is incredible. My friend has an older 3.28i and just doesn't respect what kind of a car our Legacies are and can be but I do. I know I could get a new Legacy (the prospect of Legacy STi is inticing) but I enjoy being able to take my car anywhere I want including off road. What are your all's opinions and feelings on this? Thanks guys and glad a place like this exists where such a wealth of knowledge can be gained.

Lee Skidmore
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

I think there's better platforms, but they cost more money, lol.

It's realistic to pick up a BC/BF 3 years down the road. Hell, most Suby's on the road now are just getting broken in. Like mine with 97k.

The BC will be as timeless as the Datsun 510 to enthusiasts.

I, personally, would want to build a 22B or S202 or something. A bit newer but with styling that won't be matched for years to come.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

what about the bf?

:mad:
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

The great thing is you can afford a couple cars at the cost of these things. Get one with a good body or fix it up first and you should have no problem making it 5 yrs. The 300 HP vs. reliability depends entirely on how you do it. When you're done you'll have spent a lot less than a new Legacy.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Awesome, I was thinking that's how it'd be but it's good to hear some second/third/etc. opinions. I'll definately be looking forward to my first 'real' job but until then I'll baby my current Legacy and plan on keeping her until she up and dies.

Lee
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
MrBean85
First Gear

Post by MrBean85 »

Woo-hoo! Another person from VA. I'm about 2 hrs away from Tech.

Kevin
2002 VW Jetta 1.8t 5spd 62k miles

92 Legacy L AWD sedan, 4EAT, 190k miles, Magnaflow muffler, K&N, & removed intake silencer

RIP 11/7/05 94 SS 5spd 133k miles
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Another Alum!! I was in the Corps of Cadets while at Tech. Glad I'm not the only Hokie on the board now. I did EF my first year and hated. Buisness is for me. Welcome to the board.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Glad to hear some 'local' voices. Cody, I have a lot of respect for the Core guys but what I can say ... business ... come on man ;).
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.