Anyone see these new subaru comercials?

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Anyone see these new subaru comercials?

Post by THAWA »

I've been watching comedycentral all morning and there's a new one every comercial break. I think they're good. :)
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Yeah i've seen a few different ones over the past several days, not too shabby

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

what are they?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

The Outback one's super cool. It's got Lance Armstrong, but other than that I can't remember much. I was too busy looking at the car in motion :D I haven't seen a commercial yet for regular Legacy though.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

me either, I was always catching the last half of it, so I dunno what hte beginnings are like.

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Check out the article in this weeks AutoWeek.

pg 21.

One page road test of the new Legacy/Outback line.
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Someone else should have an article about the new legacy/outback, soon. :)

MrBean85
First Gear

Post by MrBean85 »

Yeah the new commercials are a whole lot better than the "when you get it, you get it" ones that ran last year.

Another thumbs up for subaru!

Kevin
2002 VW Jetta 1.8t 5spd 62k miles

92 Legacy L AWD sedan, 4EAT, 190k miles, Magnaflow muffler, K&N, & removed intake silencer

RIP 11/7/05 94 SS 5spd 133k miles
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

I think the new commercials are lame. Not as gay as the last few years... but still, they're up there. Subaru needs to stop focusing on spoke's people and more on their car's. I see the quality of Subaru slipping lately with the selloff to GM, and the cross-breeding with SAAB. Im affraid of what will happen next :(

Maybe they'll sell some portion of subaru to Lance Armstrong and we'll start seeing some Subaru bikes :)

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

I've been wondering how a subaru bike would be, not mountain or anythin but motorcycle :)

evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Maybe something like a BMW bike.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

... With AWD. And a EJ20. And a DCCD. And and...
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
TheSubaruJunkie
Fourth Gear

Post by TheSubaruJunkie »

Im talkin about Mt Bikes. Subaru would be a perfect candidate. They could then sell you a package deal... outback and 2 bikes with the rack :) cant beat that!

-Brian
1983 Subaru GL-10 Brat
1986 Toyota 4Runner
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

TheSubaruJunkie wrote:I think the new commercials are lame. Not as gay as the last few years... but still, they're up there. Subaru needs to stop focusing on spoke's people and more on their car's. I see the quality of Subaru slipping lately with the selloff to GM, and the cross-breeding with SAAB. Im affraid of what will happen next :(

Maybe they'll sell some portion of subaru to Lance Armstrong and we'll start seeing some Subaru bikes :)

-Brian
What selloff to GM? GM has owned a stake in FHI since the beginning of US introduction. Know how some Subaru's are made at the Isuzu plant? Guess who own's Isuzu...

The bike thing has always gotten me.

Volkswagen supports the Trek racing team. Lance rides for Trek.

Subaru supports Gary Fisher, a sub-servient company to Trek (Trek writes Fisher's checks). Why don't they have Gary himself, or Ryder Hieserdal (I can't spell his last name for stank) do the endorsements? Surely you'd think that Subaru would want to employ an off-road theme for their cars, and Ryder is one of the top riders in the world, short of Roland Green (who also rides for Trek). Lance is a road rider, who just happens to mountain bike for training.

Trek and Volkswagen did the car and bike combo for a while. The Trek edition Golf and Jetta. The car had a Trek badge on it, and came with a mountain bike.

I still remember the Paul Hogan commercials, and how everyone thought Subaru was Australian. All of the Paul Hogan commercials had something to do with off-roading.

I have a replica Ryder jersey and it says SUBARU across it in big letters. I also have replica shorts that say Subaru on the side.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

Subaru was introduced to the US by Malcolm Bricklin in the late sixties. The SIA plant was joint owned, but likely led to GMs decision to take a 20% stake ~1998. Prior to that Nissan owned 3%, but I think Carlos Ghosn had them sell that off.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.