sun roof

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

jpoyann
First Gear

sun roof

Post by jpoyann »

Hello!
After a hard washing of my Legacy, I have problems to open the sun rood, because of the rubber seal. Do you recomend my a particular lubrication , or just multipurpuse oil?
Thanks for the help!
jose

What can I use for the windows too?
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

why would you need to grease your windows?

i'd use white grease or something like that for the sunroof rails
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
ultrasonic
Third Gear

Re: sun roof

Post by ultrasonic »

jpoyann wrote:Hello!
After a hard washing of my Legacy, I have problems to open the sun rood, because of the rubber seal. Do you recomend my a particular lubrication , or just multipurpuse oil?
Thanks for the help!
jose

What can I use for the windows too?
I had that problem once, caused by the rubber trim around the sunroof glass sticking to the metal of the roof.

If you determine that's what is causing your sticking, try cleaning the inside edge of the roof and the outside edge of the sunroof rubber with appropriate cleaners and let them dry completely before closing the roof.

If your roof is sticking because of the mechanism, then I'll go along with white lithium grease suggestion.

Good luck.
-steve-

03 Legacy L Wagon
91 Legacy Sport Sedan - SOLD
94 Legacy Touring Wagon - SOLD
00 Impreza L Sport Wagon - totaled!
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

If you're in a pinch, try olive oil for the rubber.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

my sunroof is stupid when its just cold or normal temp it dont work and when its hot and stuff then it works i dont get it. so if i leave it open and turn off the car it dont work anymore. anyone know what might be wrong with it i would love to use it more often this summer if i could
1990 Legacy Sedan LS AWD 5-MT 162k miles Slate Metallic (Sold to Brother)

1992 Legacy SS AWD 5-MT 180k miles Mica Black
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I'm glad to have a pop-out roof. I'd say you probably have some marginal electrical contacts. Try lubing and cleaning everything mechanical and checking the electrical, cleaning and using dielectric grease where necessary.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

i think theres dirt in the track but not sure becuase i can hear a click but it doesnt do anything, anyways to get to the wiring with out taking out the headliner?
1990 Legacy Sedan LS AWD 5-MT 162k miles Slate Metallic (Sold to Brother)

1992 Legacy SS AWD 5-MT 180k miles Mica Black
jpoyann
First Gear

Post by jpoyann »

Hello!
Thanks all for the help. The problem is whith the rubber trim as you first said Steve, so I will try you suggest.
Jose