LED lights

Headlights to tailights and everything in between.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Flip_x
Second Gear

LED lights

Post by Flip_x »

Hey i was just thinking where i should put 6 L.E.D. lights any ideas? i was thinking somewhere on the back seat area or my air vents. how do you remove the vents do they just pop off? anyways thx for helping me
1990 Legacy Sedan LS AWD 5-MT 162k miles Slate Metallic (Sold to Brother)

1992 Legacy SS AWD 5-MT 180k miles Mica Black
TheShocker
Vendor
Vendor

Post by TheShocker »

probably in the trash
05 Jeep Liberty CRD turbo diesel
91 Mazda Miata
91 Legacy Sport Sedan 5MT
89 Honda CRX Si turbo
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

what do you mean? Like in-car neons? I can't say it'd look good now matter how you did it but then again that shouldnt matter.

If you want to put more lights in your car what about some kick panel and foot space lights. Like the one that's in the driverside foot area. You could have them wired into the door pin for the respective doors. It only makes sense to have something setup like that but I dunno why the rest arent like the drivers from the factory.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

i got those ones for the passenger and driver side already i just like them because they go to the beat of my music. ive always liked those since they remind me of like raves i guess because of all the lights flashing and stuff

isotopeman
Second Gear

LED's

Post by isotopeman »

I've seen a lot of LED's on car's that didn't look good at all. On the other hand, they look great on some motorcycles when well placed. Also, on cars, it's illegal in some states such as mine. The exception to all of the above is in the tailights and turn signal lights. LED's are highly visible and more reliable simply because they don't burn out so often.
LED's inside the car = distraction and crappy visibility at night. Might as well have a friend taking flash photos of you while driving.
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰
Legacytuner
First Gear

LED

Post by Legacytuner »

ii put blue led's in my side marker lights they look really good, and the authoritys dont seem to mind .
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

You just haven't met the right ones yet.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Someone wrote:probably in the trash
Will people please stop this? that's quite harsh about a simple question involving parts that don't cost much. if i come here to ask if anyone can help me put on my 15" spinner hubcaps, i don't want to get flack about how I shouldn't put them on... what if i like them? i'd rather have help. whatever happened to constructive criticism? and you know what they say about opinions...

anyways, if you've done both front footwells, i don't know where else would be good to put them except maybe under the front seats so the rear passengers get the same effect.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
Flip_x
Second Gear

Post by Flip_x »

lol Thx for the back up Brat4by4

isotopeman
Second Gear

Post by isotopeman »

Yeah, you're right. My opinionated response was the response of a drunken ass.
I don't think the vents just pop off - at least I couldn't just pop mine off. It's difficult to try to say where to put them without knowing more - such as the color and intensity - and whether or not they'll be in direct sight or not. Not to mention the color scheme and lighting conditions in your car and where you typically drive already - ie well-lit urban, dark rural or some combination.
δ13/12C = -17.7 ‰
δ15/14N = 9.4 ‰