GC 2.5RS whiteline steering rack bushings, fit bc/bf?

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

czo79
Second Gear

GC 2.5RS whiteline steering rack bushings, fit bc/bf?

Post by czo79 »

Hello all...
I'm wondering if any of you have tried using the whiteline stiffened steering rack bushings for the gc impreza, I think I've heard they fit the bc/bfs, but I just wanted to make sure....I guess they must, since the racks are interchangeable....
thanks
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Yes, they fit perfectly.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

make sure you get the KC202 ones....not the KC200 ones.....whiteline's part list is incorrect. The difference between the 200 & 202 is in the pass side bushing's width.

I got the 200 and made it fit.....but since that side is relatively easy to replace, I'll probably get the proper bushing at some point and replace it.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

They sent me the "ksr200" when I asked for the gc bushings. I remember hearing something about whiteline changing their part numbers. Would that fact that the steeering rack I'm putting in is off a 2001 Impreza RS make any difference in which part number I need?
thanks
Micum
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You need the 202's.

There is no US spec subaru that uses the 200.

The rack doesn't really matter, it's the width of the pass side bushing that is different. If you put the round bushing up to bracket on the pass side. You'll see it's not wide enough. Yes you can crimp it in there.....but why do that if you can get the right part.

Tell them they farked up and to send you the right shit.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Time to steer another thread off-topic :D

What benefit would stiffer steering rack bushings have? More responsive steering or what?
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

Yep, clean up some steering slop/delay during input.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

when you put in a steering input... the steering column actually flexes inside the bushings before transmitting all the steering input. think of the working plastic steering columns on model cars and how the shaft bends under force, this is what the stock bushings allow.

I am definitely looking into this. If the column delays an input at 165 ft/sec (my current top velocity at beaver run) for only 5 hundreths of a second it has just stole over 8 ft!! That is a lot to miss an apex by. Especially on the corner with the least amount of off-track space... And this delay or numbness in the steering is doubled or maybe tripled on a switchback. That goes for auto-x'ers, too.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Sport Compact Car recently did this to their project STi.

"A simple set of polyurethane steering rack bushings from Whiteline makes a ridiculous difference in how the car drives. Steering precision is vastly improved and turn-in is so much sharper, we almost ran over the curb on the inside of the first corner we went around. There is no downside. Is anybody at Subaru reading this?"

That's the quote from the mag, and you'll find tons more like it at the various Impreza forums. I've yet to hear a bad thing about them.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
G-reg
Second Gear

Post by G-reg »

I swapped them in when I changed my rack earlier this year, figuring that they would make a negligible difference. But the difference is pretty noticeable, especially as the old ones were pretty blown out. My suspension is stock too, if you have some stickier tires and upgraded suspension they might make a bigger difference. That’s why they make such a difference on the Sti.
Missing a 92 L Wagon, Enjoying an 05 RS Wagon