How far do subarus go???

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

subarufan
In Neutral

How far do subarus go???

Post by subarufan »

Hi everyone. I am new to this board, I dont own a Subaru myself, but I have a good friend who is on his 2nd. His first was a 93 legacy wagon, and it finally retired from service after 327,000 miles. Thats why I admire these cars so much, because they are so dependable. Are the turbos as dependable? I would love to purchase one sometime in the future. I was just wondering whats the most miles you've ever heard on a Subaru.
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

There's a site that's devoted to this:

http://hometown.aol.com/nv1z/subaruhighmileage.html

Turbos are quite reliable, but of course they have more parts that need to be looked after.

Dave
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

My Legacy L is a little over 191,000 miles. I had a copy of a service record from 1996 on a 91 Legacy LS from Texas. The car had 989,000 miles and some change. It was in for a new clutch, and the engine was burning through a quart of oil a week. Still original engine though. My 92 is still on original engine, clutch (that's the amazing one), tansmission, struts, and just about everything else. I have every service record from day one, even oil changes. It had timing belts at 60K and 120K, new CV joints at 120K also, a new right wheel bearing at 165K, and a new front control arm at 191K (damn curbs). Anyhow, you get the picture. My '79 which you can check out covered with snow in the pics forum had a little over 300K miles when the engine died courtesy of a cousin running it for weeks without oil. We just put a new engine in though and it's running again. Probably will need a new carburator really soon though.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

989,000 miles???

That is absolutely fantastic. Original engine???!!!??? Wow. I am impressed. Grant, I'd be glad to get more info on that car...

And how are you ekeing out 191k out of original clutch??? Do you get out and push the car to get it up to the full engagement point? :lol: :lol:

989,000 miles. I have a goal :twisted:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
georryan
Fourth Gear

Post by georryan »

My dad had an old 79 DL wagon, and he got 210,000 miles on his origional clutch.

Not all of that was easy going either. A lot of it was in Kentucky were he would drive on backroads and through creeks up to his doors.

-Ryan
91 Pearl White Sport Sedan
04 Java Black Pearl Forester XT
2014 Volvo S60 T5
18 KTM 1290 Adventure S

87 Grey GL-10 Sedan (so long old buddy) - donated
97 Toyota 4Runner SR5 - sold
2002 BMW r1150rt-p - sold
2004 BMW r1200ST - sold
2016 BMW r1200RS - sold
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

I drive pretty hard on it actually. I red line my engine daily. I've done 4 rally crosses on it. My main thing I avoid is double clutching. I'll try and see if I still have a copy of the service record. If not I'll try and get one and post a copy of it.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net