Rims and tire pics!!!

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

kastrix
First Gear

Rims and tire pics!!!

Post by kastrix »

Here they are, in all they're glory. Thew rubbing is still driving me nuts tho...

http://www.kastrix.ctshare.com/rim2.jpg

http://www.kastrix.ctshare.com/Rim.jpg
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT
Exhaust, tint, fogs, anti-snorkus, plugs, wires, rims, tires, stereo and shifter knob :-)

A good car is like a good woman...
She will turn on when you want her to and she will always give you the ride of your life.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Those look nice. What size tire are you running that you're getting rubbing with 15's ?
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

im sure the offset is wrong--- looks nice though--now just lose the chrome handels.
i like the no chrome on the moldings!
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

205/60/15
I alredy talked to the guy and he said i could bring em in and get 205/55/15 put on for no charge. I'm hoping that will fix it. They are 15 inch 6.5 5 by 100 or something. Would a different size tire be better?
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT
Exhaust, tint, fogs, anti-snorkus, plugs, wires, rims, tires, stereo and shifter knob :-)

She will turn on when you want her to and she will always give you the ride of your life.
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

I dunno what to do with the handles. Are they a bitch to get out, and could i sand and paint them?
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

Chi_San
In Neutral

Post by Chi_San »

kastrix wrote:I dunno what to do with the handles. Are they a bitch to get out, and could i sand and paint them?
That might work. Make sure the paint you use is close to the body paint, and also make sure you mask off the rest of everything else that doesn't need moar paint.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

well what offset are they? It shoyuld be stamped into the rim. Or you could just say what brand and model they are and we oculd figure out from there.

The handles come out alright, talk to quick as he's recently done this.

And Chi san, I'll say it nicely before laurel comes in, it's "more"
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

Sorry, i was to lazy to go outside they are a 35mm offset
15x6.5
5x100
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

Chi_San wrote:that doesn't need moar paint.
more
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Yeah that's WAY too low of an offset for that wheel width. Not only is that the reason you're getting rubbing but your wheel bearings and stuff aren't going to like that at all. take a look at this thread for mroe info: http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic. ... ght=offset

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

Hmm Sears neglectged to tell me that when i got them. Is there anything that i can do with the rims to make them work? It will piss me way off if i just spent 800 bucks for nothing
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Unfortunately, there isn't really... in principle you might be able to mill about 15mm off the mounting surface of the wheel, but I wouldn't trust the wheels to hold up a car after that.

How long ago did Sears sell you these wheels? You should try to make them take them back and refund your money.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

only thing you can really do is get a spacer for the wheel to get it into the correct offset, but I dunno if I would trust one of those things.

kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

I got them less then a week ago

Shouldnt that have been something that they knew about???

Who makes rims with the correct offset?
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

yes they shouldve known abnout it and brought it to your attention. But obviusly they dont care that much about the customer.

As for your other question, Subaru :D

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Yes, it should have been something that they knew about. It's definitely their mistake, and you should make them take responsibility for it. If the people you talk to aren't responsive, talk to their supervisors.

If you look up your car on The Tire Rack's web site (tirerack.com) you can see some aftermarket wheels that do have the correct offset. And any wheels for Legacy/Impreza-based cars (aside from the new WRX STi) will fit.

THAWA - Spacers can decrease offsets (or make them more negative); they can't increase them.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

Yea, I'm gonna go in on monday and raise hell. There isnt an aftermarket set i can get with the correct offset? I really like the look of Gun Metal
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

oh thats right :) I was thinking backwards

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

yeah, theres tons of aftermarket that will be close enough. Rota is pretty popular.

kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

So would these wheels work?

Sport Edition Fox 2 Sport
Finish: Light Grey Painted
Bolt Pattern: 5-100

From Tire rack
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT

vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

If The Tire Rack lists them for your car, they should work. They're responsible guys.

If you go to a closeup view of the wheels, it should list the offset. Anything down to somewhere around +48mm should be okay (do a search about offset though -- I'm just vaguely guessing). +55mm is what the stock wheels are, I think.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

dont get a spacer it will only make it worse
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
92 Le-Turbo-SS
First Gear

Post by 92 Le-Turbo-SS »

kastrix wrote:I got them less then a week ago

Shouldnt that have been something that they knew about???
no, not really there job is to sell wheels and tires, Tires to replace worn out ones and wheels for upgrading looks , remember Subaru is about the only Japenese or domestic car company that sells a ton of cars that require such different offsets from all the others, and if it weren't for us owning these thing's for years or having more than one Suby in the driveway we wouldn'y know the difference.

remember Mike Shield's ramming the 55 OFFSET rule to all of us back when he was the only one with a website dedicated to Subaru. Back then we probably all did a search on offsets saying to ourselves, what the hell is he making such a big stink about.
[quote="Yukonart"]Take what money you have left, buy some beer, and drunk drift that biatch later tonight! :lol:[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

It's their job to sell wheels that FIT the car.

Not say, "oh, that's 5x100, that'll fit".
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

Yea well sears took back the rims for 90% of a refund. He said he would have to mark them down 70% to sell them again. I told him if he did that to give me a call and i would come back and buy them again. He didnt think that that was very funny i dont think. I am getting ones from tirerack.
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT