With the wrath of 80 million bees I broke my horn

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

With the wrath of 80 million bees I broke my horn

Post by ciper »

Dont punch your horn. Not knowing my own strength and being seriously mad at someone I punched the center of my stearing wheel. The horn would then randomly honk depending on the force applied to the ring of the stearing wheel (great when making turns).

I took it all apart and foud I bent a metal plate and a support frame for the horn.

Everything works now but realize that it is a weak point, not a punching bag :lol:

Oh yeah the bee idea was inspired by this surprising story http://www.local6.com/orlpn/news/storie ... 20447.html

The rescue workers couldnt help the victim because of the swarm
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Ahhhh... another testament to the little "engineered" buttons found on my wheel that Consumer Reports and various board members hate so much...

:twisted: - Ok, no arguments need to be started, it's a joke! - :twisted:
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

Huh that's close to me, didn't hear about it...

Ciper, that's a distant comparison between bees and your horn :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

One of my best friends punched out his horn too. Funny sh*t. He'd have to mash on the thing to get the horn to work after that. Sounds kind of dangerous with an airbag though :shock:

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Subleg4
First Gear

Post by Subleg4 »

Haha I was mad at my girlfriend a while back and punched my steering wheel in the kroger parking lot and it stuck and had to drive home like that about a mile, felt like a dumb ass, so i was just pissed and annoyed when i got home so i popped the hood and cut the first wire i thought would be the horn, nope that was my siren for the alarm, so now i was even more pissed, and started pulling fuses, lost my cruise control fuse, even more pissed now i located where the horn was right below my alaram siren, so i ripped out the siren then just said F it all and ripped out the horn, man was i pissed
92 Legacy Turbo 5spd, one of the privleged few!

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of fight in the dog."