FMIC on ebay. Would it work?

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

FMIC on ebay. Would it work?

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

I know we don't have much room between the bumper and AC condesor, and I know piping might be a challenge, but how much effort would it require to hook up this intercooler. It's not really tall, not very thick, but makes up in length. Also, would it be easier to upgrade the turbo at the same time, maybe one designed for a WRX?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2410164583
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
GizMo22t
First Gear

Re:

Post by GizMo22t »

I have seen some FMIC on our car's and the piping doesn't look too difficult but you will need to get good with the person building the pipes. As far as fitting it in front you will have to cut the metal bumper support. If you plan on upgrading the turbo too. If you want to do the turbo at the same time just be sure and wate untill you have the other turbo on before you get the piping done. I hate it when I get $100 worth of piping done and I have to modify it again. The more I look at it the more I think it might be too long. 30inches is almost 3ft. I'd hate to say do it but you might want to pull out the measuring tape and see if it might be too long.
Mo
93touring wagon
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

that intercooler should fit fine with the stock bumper. there is really a fair ammount of room there. it looks smaller than my blitz.
there is alot of misconception on fmic for the legacy. I am working on a direct fit pipeing kit for the legacy. take a look at www.i-club under legacy forums. I posted a pic of my car a while ago if you are interested.