Ojibwe Forest ProRally - MN

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

StartRestart
First Gear

Ojibwe Forest ProRally - MN

Post by StartRestart »

Well we volunteered again this year so we could get the secret book (it has all the stages on it). We bannered in the morning and than watched the rally the rest of the day. somewhere around 55 to 60 competitors entered and about 40 finished. One competitor crashed bad! 3 helicopters were called in, and the jaws of life where used to get both driver and co-driver out. The roll cage gave way and it wrapped aorund the driver, who ended up with a broken pelvis and femur. Co-Driver had some bruising. Other than that, the rally was quite a spectatcle.. anyone else go, or wished they could've gone?

http://ojibweforestrally.com/
drives a '98 L
mourns a '93 sportwagon
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

this was the first year i was not either working the rally or competing. my daughter and i took her uncle to his firat rally. shes two and this was her fourth. we all had a blast even though we only spectated at the ranch. my brother is richard donovan codriver of the "bluck" aka the red 03 S-10 w/the mean V-8. i have driven that thing at speed what a blast.

congrats to o'sullivan, loyd, and utecht (1-2-3, respectively). this was the best finish at a national points event for all three crews.

i codrove last year and have bannered and marshalled the two years before that.

hey ACP too bad you werent there. would have loved to chat legacies w/you and check out that awesome evo of yours.

wish i could have been there saturday it sounds like it was a great day for rally.

how was the party?
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Post by LegacyPGT »

I was also one one other person that attended this rally. I was in the White and Blue Legacy Turbo #625. We finished 2nd in PGT on Friday and about 12th or 14th overall. Then Saturday was another story... We had a good start untill SS11, when we cought up to the red G5 Probe, we missed a moderate left over crest and rolled into the 10 foot ditch and landing up side down, 2 feet next to #99 (a 01 wrx sti) which was on its side. But I should be all set for LSPR with a few new parts. The only good part of this crash is that I have a camera set up in my car, and when the guy form speed channel saw it wanted to borrow my tape for a few day's. So my great t.v. moment is of me rolling :twisted:
Mike
02 WRX Sport Wagon -- For Sale--
2000 Impreza Wagon daily beater.
StartRestart
First Gear

Post by StartRestart »

I remember seeing you at the rally fest too. that's one awesome legacy! Unfortunetly this year we couldn't get behind the speed cameras or in any of their shots... too much marshalling. You did awesome, Congrats... your frist year too right?
drives a '98 L
mourns a '93 sportwagon
pr0driveX
In Neutral

Post by pr0driveX »

Mike,

Did you have fun at the rally? I got some cool pictures of you at two marshal points I was at. Well done.
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

yeah i went, what a blast, it kicks ass to see one of our own rallying i saw your car at the osage service it didn't look too bad
who made your cage ? :D
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
greg donovan
Fourth Gear

Post by greg donovan »

the company that built mikes cage kit is called custom cages. they are in england.
96 Impreza L sedan
97 legacy outback limited
00 Impreza RS sedan
LegacyPGT
In Neutral

Post by LegacyPGT »

Yea this was my third rally I have done, and I had a blast. Also if you got any pictures you should shoot them my way, my e-mail is my user name at hotmail, I am always looking for racing pic's of my car. Yea the car didn't substain much damage, after sweep pulled my car out I was able to drive it to the next service to get checked over. The car only needs new front fenders, front doors, rear quarter panal repair and some work on the roof and the "A" piller, and a windshield. The roll cage held up really well it is a Custom Cages kit cage from Davernty, England that I installed my self. But after the roll when we were on our roof I was smart and put my hand on my roof to releace the harness, but my co-driver wasen't thinking too well and just releaced it. All what I heard was "click....klunck....OUCH!!!! :lol:
This is were Both car #99 (Iorio/Ho) and My self #625 (Wray/Grittman) went off
And here is the great tree named after me that arrested all of my motion and brought me to an abrupt stop upside down
Mike
02 WRX Sport Wagon -- For Sale--
2000 Impreza Wagon daily beater.
pr0driveX
In Neutral

Post by pr0driveX »

Mike,

I have a picture of you on Friday's Stage 3 (marshal point M-80). I have to scan it since I took it on a disposable camera (at least it's not blurry), but it might be low resolution. Good luck with the car. I'll email the picture once I have time. I know StartRestart has a few in action and possibly one from service.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

damn that looks fun.. but i have to remember what happened the last time i took my car rallying.. scratches galore.. when i get my new legacy, i'll post pics of both, so you'll see..

good times, though.. glad you made it.
think i'll stay on the street, though...
-=tristan
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
SubaLegacy
In Neutral

Post by SubaLegacy »

I was driving around Bemidji looking at all the sweet cars in my 91 Legacy, cuz I live in Bemidji. Its so sweet because this was the first year I wasn't at work and I loved going to the Parc event and walking around the Tech school where they were testing them. I didn't get to see any of the actually rally unfortunately :( There's always next year. Man I want to rally soooooooooo bad now.