Lower arm bushes

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

rally370
Second Gear

Lower arm bushes

Post by rally370 »

Can I get some enery poly type bushes for my 1990 Legacy suspension? or a complete set.Would to WRX set fit?

Cheers

Chris
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

You mean for the front A-arm?
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Yes the "A" arm and most of the bushes.The "A" arms bushes I destroy quite easily and the poor KYB GR-2's bend too!

Cheers

Chris
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I think you could get sti bushings for the front A-arm, or at least maybe get wrx ones. You should be able to use the sti transverse links in the rear of the a-arm

The rears, the sti trailing link bushings & lat link bushings should fit. The rear trailing link bushing in the hub is a bitch to get in. I haven't gotten them in yet. They require a special cone shaped guide to help them go in.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Ok I've got the enery bushes for the 'A' arm.The front bush is easy to remove.Use a plumbers blown torch to set fire to the bushes,while they are burning go and have a beer or a cup of tea! come back and knock out the inner bush and metal inserts.Then use a hack saw or saw-all to cut a two slots in the the remaining outter bush,both slots opposite each other.Don't go mad and cut through the suspension! then tap out both halfs! A 10 min job
My other problem was the Legacy rear bush has like a tappered inner bush and the one they sent has a straight inner bush of a much bigger diameter.Just another problem to deal with.

Cheers

Chris

Soon to on the road again Legacy
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

What is an enery bush? Do you mean Energy Suspension Bushings?

If you are breaking stuff, switch to the STi Pink rear trailing and lateral links. You can get the 4 peice kit from www.RaceCompEngineering.com and get all 4 lateral links that have pillow ball bushings, and you can get the trailing links too.

That'll keep things from breaking.

Stick with stamped control arms, if you are breaking them. You'll have to replace them, but at least you can limp home on a bent control arm. You can't limp home when you snap an Aluminum LCA.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

Do you mean Energy Suspension Bushings? err yes sorry I forgrt that bit!
Thnks for the info.

Cheers

Chris
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

OK I'm going to be the guinea pig and order the complete WRX bushing kit.

I have been able to gather the following information:

the kit comes with new bushings for the stock endlinks which will fit front and back, provided you have "C" links in the rear. If you have droplinks, the stock kits at Autozone from Energy will fit.

The sway bar mount bushings will, I think, be 17mm and 20mm which means one set will work fine for a 18mm bar,and the 20mm set will be useless unless you have an upgraded bar

the front lower A-arm bushing will fit right in as Rally 370 stated

the rear front A-arm bushings will fit the housing, but the A-arm itself may not fit properly.

all of the bushings for the rear links will fit no problem, 12 total

With these kits selling at $149 or less, that's a pretty good deal.

If I add the numbers correctly, OEM parts would cost around $500 for the same applications.

If anyone can add info regarding the rear bushings for the front A-arm, WRX fitment, etc. I'd like to hear it. I was quoted $74.59 EACH for OEM for our legacy and I ain't paying that.
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
rally370
Second Gear

Post by rally370 »

I called Boxer 4 about the 'A' arm rear bush being loose ,he said it would not be a problem as long as it is torqued up right.Front 'A' arm bush had to be cut about 1/4" short to fit the Legacy.
I now have the bushes in and 04 STI struts/springs and all seems well.

Chris