Stupid eclipses

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

LS1- 345hp the ss and ws6 had a bit more
LT1- not as good, 275hp

beating a LS1 is VERY respectable
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

i know that v6 camaros arent z28's. im not stupid. i didnt know you had a TD05H, that changes everything. and the 317whp was what my friend had dynoed with his z28. 250hp sounds about right and that would be able to beat a z28. that one guy with 242whp said he could get a 12.4 with the right launch and that would easily beat a z28.
92 legacy turbo 5spd fwd-12 psi, tm intercooler bov, walbro 255.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I didn't say you were stupid, i thought maybe they made a camaro i didn't know about. Kinda like how they used to make a 4 cylinder mustang GT as well as an 8 cylinder version.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I killed a Honda Civic v-tec on the way to work from a roll on around 80-140. Kinda reminded me of the sti that killed me when i first got the car. To it's credit it was relatively quick it probably hit 110 about the time i hit 140. Maybe it only seemed quick because he had about a 4 carlength headstart. It was on a deserted highway at 1 am.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

Honda Civic Si <= most over rated car evar
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
TurboLegacy
First Gear

Post by TurboLegacy »

had a good race tonight. beat a 2000ish dodge ram magnum v8-5.9L 245 chp. i still beat him, even when my clutch slipped horribly from 1st to 2nd. at the next light he was smiling and giving me a thumbs up. it was a fellow college student. neck and neck in 1st gear, but after 4 grand in second and after clutch stopped slipping i pulled away. got up to 70 by the next light, pretty good, but it was downtown, pretty bad. whenever i race it gets me fired up for the whole night and i love it so much i cant sleep. i have to get up at 6 am today to go check out a different college, and its 1:16 and im wide awake. i love it when i can beat v8's.
92 legacy turbo 5spd fwd-12 psi, tm intercooler bov, walbro 255.

81 chevy malibu- 400 sb, holley 600, edelbrock rpm, hooker headers, lunati voodoo cam,4spd muncie, 3:73 posi,monte c. swivel buckets, corvette rally wheels
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

But, Ram's are slow though. They have the aerodynamics of a brick. Maybe good for a 16ish in the 1/4?

I wish cars I could beat would race me, everyone is scurred from the wirring, whistling, sneezing, popping, and fire shooting that comes from my car.

It sucks to have a really fast car. But then I spool up, and leave those thoughts back with the Civics.

The Mustang GT wasn't ever offered in a 4 cylinder. The Mustang LX was available in a 2.3L I4 (my neighbor had one), and the 5.0L V8. The GT was V8 only.

The only 4-cylinder "GT" fox body was the SVO, which could never be confused with a GT.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

I beg to differ, there was a mustang gt in the 80's with a 4 cylinder turbo stock and they also made a straight 6 LX mustang.

http://www.mustanggt.org/84gt.htm

Turbo 4 cylinder GT
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

There was no "Turbo GT." The SVO was nicked the "Turbo GT" by some, but I've never seen anything referencing that there was ever an actual model to be officially titled the "Turbo GT."

That is the SVO Mustang. GT isn't listed anywhere on the car, nor does it come up as GT or TurboGT when you run the VIN.

What DOES come up is, Ford Mustang SVO.

Reguardless, even if the TurboGT was the official title, then it would be the Mustang Turbo GT, not the Mustang GT.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Dear Dan,

Thank you for your message of 10/28/04 regarding the Ford Mustang. We
appreciate your patience in allowing us to research your inquiry.

It is always a pleasure to correspond with someone who is interested in
Ford products.

We have consulted with our resources and confirmed that there was a 2.3L
I4 turbo engine used in the 1984 Mustang GT.

We hope the information that we have provided you with is useful to you.
We thank you for your recent inquiry.

At Ford Motor Company, we consider the satisfaction of our customers as
one of our most important objectives. If you have any other inquiries
or concerns, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to
address them.

Thank you for contacting Ford Motor Company.

Sincerely,
Maisha
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center

I asked them whether it was an svo or a mustang gt. I didn't mention to them what year i was thinking of. So it must have been a one year thing for the GT
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Well I guess I was wrong. If you asked whether it was a GT or the SVO, I'm kind of curious why they didn't make the connection to the SVO, or to clarify. They said the engine was used in the Mustang GT (which was the fox body everything that the SVO was built in), but didn't elaborate as to whether it was the SVO or it's own seperate model.

dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Maybe they made both? Who knows, after i owned my early 80's mustang, i never wanted to own another cept maybe the new cobra.
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

MAybe it was like the turbo Regals vs. the T-Type.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
createnew
First Gear

Post by createnew »

I beat a Hemi Ram relatively easy with my 4EAT. Those are supposed to be a lot more powerful than the average V8's right?He tried to make me feel bad by telling me it was a rental. He probably thought I was trying the whole time but I didn't get on it 'til he floored it past me at the light. After that it was an easy game of catch-up.

I don't lose too often but I also don't try racing cars I know I would lose to.

And why are we arguing about Mustangs anyway? They all suck!!
Yellow '01 Kaw. ZX-7R (SOLD) :(
Gold '88 Starion ESI-R (Drift Project)
Brgndy '92 Legacy SS, Agency Power Style Headers and Up-pipe (ebay, don't stay together), Underdrive Pully, 5MT conv, mod'd WRX cold air intake and short shifter, 12.5 lb fly
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Hemi-Rams are slow :(.

I've made a BIG jump in "speed."

The things that I am definately faster than, never try to race me. I only get the "much faster" people that want to go at it, or the people that are classically fast, and I get worried. The latter includes Camaros and such. Soon, that group will be in the area of Corvettes, Turbo Supra's, and the like.

It sucks, so I have just stopped for the most part.

J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

All I know is that I live my life a quarter mile at a time, and in those 16 seconds, I'm free.
98 LGT
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

Okay, okay.. there will be no quoting of TFATF on this board.. :lol: ..Unless you own a Prelude, or something.. maybe a girl's car, like a jetta, or a celica. (sorry boostjunkie)
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]