stock bov

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

2.2T Impreza
In Neutral

stock bov

Post by 2.2T Impreza »

Heres the deal, i bought the car from this guy and he had problems with his boost and intake. i bought the car and had it figured out it was because the intercooler was the problem. so im putting everything back to stock....i have everything but i cant find where the bov mounts or where it is to dump, im afraid if i just put it anywhere, when it opens, water or dirt will get sucked into it. can someone help me out, and maybe post some pictures ( im a visual learner, haha.) thanks
Joe
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

There is no part of the BOV that is open to the environment.

Download the parts manual from Josh's site. He posted about it in this sticky:

http://bbs.legacycentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=14485

Then look at the sections titled "Turbo Charger System" and "Air Duct."
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

didnt subiekid already post pics for you at nabisco
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
2.2T Impreza
In Neutral

Post by 2.2T Impreza »

Yeah he posted pictures but i dont know where i can mount the bov. the picture he posted showed the pipes but no bov. i downloaded the manual, but it doesnt show me the bov?? it shows me everything except.
Warp3
First Gear

Post by Warp3 »

2.2T Impreza wrote:i downloaded the manual, but it doesnt show me the bov?? it shows me everything except.
(This is based on the PDF files as downloaded from the finleyweb.net site):
In "Repair Manual 1" (the manual is split into two PDF files on that site) on page 176 (if you are using a different version of the manual, it's in Section 2-7 and says "[C202]" at the top of the page), the BPV is part #16 on that diagram on that page.
Shane
2006 Subaru WRX TR
1989 Toyota MR2
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

look at subiekids first picture on nasioc. if you look right at the plastic pipe you are talking about (the one that connects the turbo to the TB) you will see a hose coming out from under it and connecting to the turbo's intake side bood, that hose connects right to the bypass valve directly under that plastic pipe, if you look at the pipe it has some type of plastic holder things, which are used for hold the bov. if you still dont understand i can take some pictures and show you.

jake
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
2.2T Impreza
In Neutral

Post by 2.2T Impreza »

alright i got it now, i see the bov on the manual and on subiekid's pictures. i just need the bov, turns out i dont have it, it was the stock wrx bov that came on the intercooler *smacks self in head* i feel like a retard. thanks everyone.
Joe
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

2.2T Impreza wrote:alright i got it now, i see the bov on the manual and on subiekid's pictures. i just need the bov, turns out i dont have it, it was the stock wrx bov that came on the intercooler *smacks self in head* i feel like a retard. thanks everyone.
Joe
This was going to be my guess after reading through your issue. Get a stock recurculating BOV and your issues will go away...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!