Source for new bushings?

Struts, spring, anti-rollbars, braces and the like.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

astv5l
In Neutral

Source for new bushings?

Post by astv5l »

Lots of squeeks, rattles, creaks and groans from my Legacy, 116K, so I'm looking to replace the bushings when I do the shocks.

Any recommendations and ideas on what they will cost? Stock vs. Aftermarket?

Thx
Steve
'93 Legacy SS 5MT
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I swapped out less used rear suspension arms on mine to eliminate some squeaks.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
professor
Third Gear

Post by professor »

They are flippin' expensive. I got a total on all the bushings front and rear and it was about $500 for the stock parts, not including strut top mounts which could add a few hundred more. Most are at least $20 each and by my count there are 12 in the rear and four in the front that are likely worn, plus swaybar mount and endlinks. Plus front balljoints that make a racket when worn.

That's just too much for me so I'm going to hunt and peck instead of just bulk replacement, starting with swaybar stuff. I think those are the most likely culprits for rattles and groans anyway.

I do think replacing whole arms with those taken from newer models makes a lot of sense, and is a hell of a lot easier. Removing and fitting bushings can be a real pain sometimes. A wrecked, low-miles 2000 or so Impreza should be easy to find in a yard and can be stripped to yield most of these parts.

Time is as much of an enemy as mileage for rubber parts so 3 to 4 year old bushings should be pretty good.
That beer you are drinking cost more than my car
Subaru_Nation555
Third Gear

Post by Subaru_Nation555 »

wow, thats really expensive for original bushings. sucks too cause im in need of some.
'06 Impreza 2.5i wagon
astv5l
In Neutral

Post by astv5l »

I'm sure this has been discussed to death, but are the WRX suspension bits and pieces compatible with our cars? And which ones?
'93 Legacy SS 5MT