Props to the new Si guys . . .

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Props to the new Si guys . . .

Post by boostjunkie »

or at least one of them.

He was the only person to EVER give me props to my car, without actually being smoked by me. Pulled up alongside of me and honked then gave an enthusiastic thumbs up!! Couldn't believe it!! Not even the impreza guys give notice. Freakin bandwagon hoppers! :evil:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
zak
First Gear

Post by zak »

posting the same thing on two message boards at once????
Tsk tsk........ :D

and yeah, the only other time I have been noticed was driving along and coming the other way is this impreza, non-rs or wrx, but it had custom paint job, and a ***huge*** FMI. He pointed at me and kept giving me big thumbs up. That made me feel good :)
Zak Malbin
1993 Legacy Turbo
Boost +, AWIC, 3" turbo back, intake, trailer hitch, etc.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

Hehe, you caught me :lol:

For some reason I seem to think I'll get a greater response on this board. But ya never know?

*going to check the other board now* :twisted:
[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/On_the_Lawn.jpg]1991 Legacy Turbo (RIP)[/url]

[url=http://www.angelfire.com/md3/91turbolegacy/images/Summer_Car_Wash3.jpg]2000 Celica GT-S[/url]
NuwanD
Second Gear

Post by NuwanD »

nice! .....i've never had my car appreciated like that... only instances involve me booting around dirt roads and having onlookers yell; "nice car"

i'd like to have a honda owner say nice ride without having to get spanked first :D
Nuwan
1992 Open Class Legacy Turbo
2004 Forester XT
2000 Impreza 2.5RSC (Supercharged)
1990 Rover Mini 1000
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

I had a body shop guy comment on my car yesterday. He was like this is 92....I said no 90.....he said you don't see them like this very often.....despite the fact I was getting an estimate to get the side marker thing fixed.

The thing too is that right now....it's clean and looks good....but it has not been waxed in a long time, and needs to be cleaned very good.......I just haven't been able to get it up to my level of cleanliness :lol: due to uncontrollable circumstances.
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

are you talking about the new civic si hatchback.
I know what you guys mean. I'll go to the the gas station in my z and everyone stands around and wants to ask me about my car and everyone
is real nnice to me. then I will go to the same gas station not even 5 minutes later in my legacy and not even the same attendant will recognize me. then I tell people that the legacy is my fast car and they laugh at me. the guy in the new honda vfr gave me a thumbs up when I was pullin on him on a long straight this weekend.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

kelley wrote:are you talking about the new civic si hatchback.
Yup. And my friend owns a G35, so needless to say, he gets all the onlookers :(

Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

Most Impreza owners don't know about this car... I blew one away (all tweaked out N/A) and he asked "Is that thing turbocharged?!!!". Laughed about that for days. Of course, he probably thought it was a transplant...
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

sorry if that was offensive in any way boost junkie. I like the new si. I want a japaneese civic typer.
boostjunkie
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by boostjunkie »

I do to the nasioc boards and I'll comment on the Mid-A forum how nobody notices my car. They'll usually reply "I would notice!!" Then I'll post how I saw a bunch of them on the road and they ask me what I drive and I'll get the response: I didn't see you.

There was a white RS that was racing down 95 a few months back. He was going maybe 90mph to my 75mph. As he got closer I shifted to third (which is the perfect gear at 75) and accelerated when he was at my side. Blew by him by the time I shifted to fourth and put BUSLENGTHS on him after that. I'd let him catch up and he'd go again with similar results. I eventually slowed down and let him catch up again to give him a thumbs up but he pulled a flyby on me!! So I reeled him in, passed him AGAIN, and put on my flashers, just to let him know that his car wasn't the shit afterall. :roll:

GizMo22t
First Gear

Re:

Post by GizMo22t »

I have only had people ask me, " Did that turbo come stock or is that a EJ20t WRX motor?" Some times I will tell them the history of Subaru before the WRX. Sometimes I'm just too lazy and just say, " Yea it's stock.."
Mo
93touring wagon
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

I've reiterated the history of Subaru to countless people. Even "die-hard" subaru guys. I NEVER get noticed in my wagon either. The only time anyone ever noticed anything was at a Subaru meet we had here in the Bay Area. I actually caught someone taking pictures of the Turbo badge on the back of my car. They had no idea what it was :lol:

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

We will get a lot more notice if kelley gets his into sports compact car :lol: I saw a 92 sport sedan in a side street car lot, I was in my GL-10 turbo, about broke my neck "thats a hood scoop on a Legacy, I know what that means" Turns out is was an auto but I test drove it any way :D I thought about a tranny swap but decided against it. I found a 5spd. There is a 17-18 year old girl that bought it, looked at me funny when I gave her a thumbs up. Shame it went to someone who doesn't even care what it is.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
FrmRgz2Rchz
First Gear

Re:

Post by FrmRgz2Rchz »

GizMo22t wrote: Some times I will tell them the history of Subaru before the WRX.
It's unfortunate that people don't understand that the WRX was not the first of it's kind from Subaru. I try to let everyone know this with my license plates: B4 WRX

I like to say that the WRX wouldn't be where it's at today if it wasn't for our legacys.
Andy Rose
1993 Subaru Legacy Sport Sedan
2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STI
1999 Hyundai Accent
czo79
Second Gear

Post by czo79 »

Someday...I dream of getting my Leg Turbo to the point where its really crankin out the horses, and I'll get the license plate WRXEATR !!! That would be great...if only I could back it up, but hell, I got a EJ20G closed deck quad cam turbo...its possible. Once I get it running again! :oops:
Micum
Micum
91 Legacy Turbo Sport - 94 JDM EJ20G
97 Legacy 2.5 GT - mod'd
93 Impreza L AWD (sold)
97 Legacy 2.5 GT (deceased)
98 Legacy Outback (sold)
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

I've actually been getting a lot of attention and compliments on my car lately... maybe people are more into Subarus around these parts, who knows?
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
Brat4by4
Stratified

Post by Brat4by4 »

People really respect my car when I explain to them what is under the hood. Otherwise on the highway some jerks see what the back-end looks like getting smaller over and over again and then they get mad and won't even look at you. Oh, my fault you keep trying to pass me and keep getting smoked (not blocking them, mind you). You just have to laugh at them.
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)