vf39 1 week evaluation

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

vf39 1 week evaluation

Post by azn2nr »

so as many of you know i got a vf39 put in and running now.

so after a week of driving around i can finaly say that its pretty worth it. boost comes on at around 2700 rpm in a 4eat with a fmic. with stock boost control in use it will hit up to 15psi without a air filter. doing this i hit the fuel cut a few times. 3/4 throtle in third will sustain 14 psi filterless. i blew off one of my ic pipes doing this at 110+ mph going uphill.

now i have a piece of nylon stocking as a filter. this brought down my max boost to 13 psi with a sustained 12 psi at wot in second. sometimes it spikes at 14 psi and settles down.

compressor surge has become an issue,or so it would seem. i just bought a txs flange to put on the stock wrx valve on. i hope to have on tomorow.

running filterless the car flies. with the filter on it, it pulls a little better than stock.

all this is on a stock exhaust with muffler. downpipe dump comming soon.

ill be hittin cobbs mustang dyno. in the spring for final hp numbers and ill also be at the track for final numbers too.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

cobb has a mustang dyno? man i totally missed out on that when i was there. looks like when i make my trip to UT next summer i'm going to be spending some more time there :D its good to see the vf39 is doing good on your car. when you turn up the boost exhaust makes a noticable difference
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

its not exactly cobbs. its actualy on modern's side because of space. their sorta teamed up and work together on projects. all the dyno info on cobbs website comes from that dyno.

exhaust is coming soon. im looking at a hks and getting it devorcied gated and then im gonna put a cutout with an electric gate in it. i dont like my car loud
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

you should look into a filter.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
skid542
Fifth Gear

Post by skid542 »

Nice to hear that it's going for you, and going well at that. Definately keep up your search for a good filter solution though. A good filter will flow much better than the stocking. But let us know more about your exhaust when you get it done. When I build up my Legacy I want to keep it quiet unless I'm running hard so needless to say, I'm interested.
Lee

93' SS, 5mt swapped, 182k, not stock...
96' N/A OBW 5sp, 212k, Couple mods... RIP
99' N/A OBW, 4eat, mostly stock.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

look up quicktime motorsports on a google. they have the fastest stock wrx out there. they have a sppecial built divorced gate with electirc dump built in for 600 bucks. but if you just buy the door and a dp seprate from someoone else its much cheaper
-jason
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

azn2nr wrote: they have the fastest stock wrx out there.
huh?
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
J-MoNeY
Fourth Gear

Post by J-MoNeY »

Uh no. Easystreet does.
98 LGT
Cliff2.2
First Gear

Post by Cliff2.2 »

actually, neither of those cars are stock.

Did you guys see the article about the Easy Street limited edition STi's that are going to be sold? Cool stuff.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Rigoli has the fastest Subaru @ like 8.8.

ESX has the fastest new-gen WRX.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
jake15
Fourth Gear

Post by jake15 »

ESX is about to have the worlds fastest subaru, have you seen their new drag car? its BEAUTIFUL. pics and info
90' legacy built ej257 gt30r 6spd r180 and brembos Bitches 402whp @22psi :D -sexy red
94' Impreza wagon AWD 2.2ltr rally wagon FTW!
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

quicktime has the fastest stock turbo bugeye with only headers downpipe and a good tune.

easystreet's car is far from stock turbo.

http://www.quicktimeperformance.com/Pro ... aponX.html
-jason
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

azn2nr wrote: with only headers downpipe and a good tune.
funny definition of stock
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

It's the fastest stock-turbo quarter mile WRX.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, Fastest stock TD04 WRX.

There's a few locals breaking into the 12's on the stock TD04.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]