Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

thanks. I like it. but it's all comin out in about a month.
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Why? Going with a different setup?
Cody
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

yes. I am having an engine built now that is aprox. 2.6 ltres w/vvt heads.
on an engine analyzer it is making 690 hp on alcohol at this point w/ a very nice torque curve. this is at 22 psi. it is in a magazine this month. I just don't know what it is called. I'll let you know if you would like to read about it.
STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Sounds amazing. Let us know how it goes.
Cody
subiekid
First Gear

Post by subiekid »

kelly, so you gona wana sell your old set up? not sure if i can use it. this would go in my 95 and there is less room. i wanted to get an ic with inlet and outlet on the same side then run all the pipe where the bettary was. I will have to mount a drycell in the trunk.
1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Ruby Mica - Turbo - EJ22T transplant
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

I think I have it sold. and yes it will be in an gc impreza. but if not I will let you know. I am selling everything for about 5000. engine, transmission and everything except fmic and headers I am using. all dyno tuned. very good deal considerng what I payed and only about 5k miles on it. engine and tranny 60k. my friend plans on using a tmic. why do you want to run you intercooler piping all on one side? there is other ways you could do it but I think it is the cleanest to run it in the fender well and that's alot of piping on one side. forgive me but I am missing your logic.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

so...are you selling the FMIC or no? If so, I will be very very interested, so interested in fact I'd probably be the highest bidder :wink:

please let me know, thanks

Mike
-Mike

2011 Infiniti G37x Sedan - Current
2007 Ducati 800ss - Current
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (White)
1994 Subaru Legacy Sport Wagon (Silver)
2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
subiekid
First Gear

Post by subiekid »

kelly, you are right there is some room in the fender wells. I was just looking around in the engin bay, and well the 95 is way tighter than my 92 was. Maybe this weekend i will take the fenders off and see exactly how much room i have. I was just looking for room in the engin bay and well the only way i could see to run it would be to move the battery and cut the mouting up for it. then i could run the pipes down it. but this woudl also creat some fitment issues around the brake masker cyl.
1995 Subaru Legacy Sedan - Ruby Mica - Turbo - EJ22T transplant
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

did you notice the size of my battery. iit is quite small. It really opens up alot of room on tha side. and if you get rid of that dredid abs system there is alot of extra room. these are just a couple of ideas. I think you could do it without moving your battery.
sorry mike, I paln on using the fmic and the headers on the new engine. but if I change my mind I will let you know. let me know if you would like a new one. I could probabally get you a good price.
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

I was going to get one before I got too crazy with high boost levels. At this time my motor is still sitting on my engine stand. I'm waiting for my timing belt cover to come in at the subaru dealer. The left hand side back cover that bolts to the block broke when I was taking the cover off. I am buying a VF 23 this week and a header also. This way I can put as much on the motor as I can with it out and its still easy to work on. I was going to wait on the FMIC because they are around $1200. If you know where I can get a blitz or greddy for cheaper let me know, maybe I'll buy it sooner.

Thanks,

Mike
-Mike

2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

call nino (nino's auto accessories) he'll give you a good deal on a fmic.
SigOS
In Neutral

Post by SigOS »

subiekid wrote:can any one post some pics of what thier fmic looks like around the turbo and intake area? i would like to get an idea of how you did it. where did you add the bov? i think i will do this on my 95 because my wrx ic hits the brake lines, and a fmic is as cheap as a sti v.4/5
There's a few pics of my setup there: http://public.fotki.com/sigos/my_legacy_fmic/

Warning: This is probably the dirtiest engine bay you'll have ever seen :oops: :lol:

Sig
91 Turbo Legacy
91 Turbo Supra
morgie
Third Gear

Post by morgie »

SigOs : You intercooler is from what car model / year ?
morgie
'98 4Runner V6 Manual 4x4.
SigOS
In Neutral

Post by SigOS »

morgie wrote:SigOs : You intercooler is from what car model / year ?
From a "I don't know which year" mitsubishi starion.

If you wana take a look at it in person, I do the montreal-lapocatière ride each sunday, and the lapocatière-montreal ride each friday... on pourait se faire un ptit meet! ;)

Off-Topic: I'll get my car back tonight with some 205/55/16 Falken FK-451 on my RS rims, can't wait to see the real handling possibilities of my old leg! :D And I have my first solo II course this saturday at sanair, can't wait!! :D

Sig
91 Turbo Legacy
91 Turbo Supra
morgie
Third Gear

Post by morgie »

tous les Vendredi soir 9hrs on est toujours au meet QSR , au Canadian Tire sur le boul. Hamel .

tu passes dans ces hrs la ? :)

(Sorry for french, that's completely off-topic ;) )
morgie
'98 4Runner V6 Manual 4x4.
SigOS
In Neutral

Post by SigOS »

D'habitude je passe en après-midi, mais je m'arrangerai pour partir plus tard un de ces 4! p-être la semaine prochaine si y fait beau :) I hope your module will be completed, can't wait to see the result! :D

Ok, end of this french off-topic... ;)

Just to add some info related to the topic in this message, in case it interest someone, my fmic setup doesn't really bring more turbo lag. I'm full boost around 2700 rpm ... !

Sig
91 Turbo Legacy
91 Turbo Supra
magicmike
Fifth Gear

Post by magicmike »

ok my two years of french in high school did not help me read those 2 posts. lol :lol: I think my head hurts now.
-Mike

2003 Infiniri G35
1998 Infiniti I30t
1995 Honda Civic DX
1987 Subaru GL Wagon
1987 Subaru Loyale