Was there a bi turbo STI?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

555BCTurbo
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 555BCTurbo »

My uncle is an engine builder in Auckland, New Zealand, and he has built and driven many of the cars with the twin turbo setup. He said they suck to drive because there is a dead spot between the turbos. He was building a 750 hp EJ20T for a rally car when I was there last, and was using I think a T04 on it, as he said it will be much easier to rally.
Kelly
Fourth Gear

Post by Kelly »

Ya, from all the info Ive sourced so far, Im thinking this is gonna cost twice the money, to make half the power.
morgie
Third Gear

Post by morgie »

THAWA wrote:After some googling it seems to be the turbos from an EJ20H rated for 260 PS. Came in GT's (auto or man) and GT-B's, RS's (auto only)
Right on .. EJ20K , EJ20H and EJ20R were TwinTurbo-ed.

I have those heads on my engine, I measured the valve lift at 8.2mm in and ex wich is pretty near the STI heads. You can easily convert them to a single turbo setup with some little imagination to block the oil/coolant ports on the driverside head, and have a spare single-turbo coolan feed pipe to swap on the passenger side head.

I also use an SDS management :) it's a nice setup you are bulding i can tell you ;) haha Don't bother the small turbo, go for the TD05 directly ;)
morgie
'98 4Runner V6 Manual 4x4.
zapjackson
In Neutral

Post by zapjackson »

I thought that on the tt engines there were two different size turbos. The larger spooled the whole time while the smaller turbo kicked in at around 3500k. I thought i read that some where from an article on a liberty b4.
-K-
Third Gear

Post by -K- »

Small turbo morgie? T04 is not small, it's a Garrett more often called a T4. The TD-04 Mitsu turbo is small.
02 WRX Sedan, 5mt
93 Sport Sedan, 5mt
Spud-GT
First Gear

Post by Spud-GT »

Heres something for you all to drool at.

Try to find a RHD Mail Legacy and do it :)
93 SS 5MT