so I'm selling my legacy

Subaru-related topics that don't belong anywhere else...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

so I'm selling my legacy

Post by IggDawg »

it sucks, but I have to. can't afford to keep a 3rd car since I have no job. I just want to say I really like hanging out here. I've been spending more time here than on NASIOC, and I'm a mod over there :D . I've only had this car for a few months... I knew nothing about it and little about turbos in general, and the car was in poor mechanical shape. now she's all tuned up, I know her inside out, and I even managed to intercool her. I gotta say I was definitely dedicated.

All you guys are wicked cool and I think I'm still going to be around to share what knowledge I have and just generally chill. eventually I plan on getting another legacy turbo. these things are just TOO much fun.

"that's right, Mr.BMW... this 10 year old subaru just toasted you. what are my mods? oh, she's pretty much stock."

so that's my story. hopefully my current legacy will go to a good home, and I'll be behind the wheel of another one sometime soon.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1994 Barcelona Red SVX LSi.
1990 CRX Si (for sale)

I know a little about Subarus.
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

IGG, NOOOOOO!!!

Igg, you can't! What's your 3rd car anyway? All we know about is the BC and 2.5TS.

Reconsider, man! If I all of a sudden owned all of my grandparent's estate, I would sell off her `92 3000GT and his `97 Diamante in a heartbeat before I'd sell my Legacy!!

For the love of all that is right and just in the world of Subaru, don't!!!
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

the third car is a 1997 Impreza L. that's the wife's car. yup, we're a subaru family :D . teh TS has 84,000 miles on it, so it's been really tough to unload. we've been trying to sell it, but we just can't get enough ot make it worth it. at this point, I can't see getting any more than 12,000 for the TS. more likely 10 or 11. and that's still 3000 short of the loan. so we'd be paying for nothing. at least I can sell teh legacy in better condition than I bought it and sell it for a little more. we can put the difference against the TS to make the payments a little less.

it makes logical sense to sell her. but it still hurts so much :(. I love my Legacy so much.
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)

STi_GUY
First Gear

Post by STi_GUY »

Wow Igg, that royally blows. If it absolutely needs a good home, I can try to rummage up some scratch and try to buy it from ya... (in my dreams). I checked out my checking account yesterday expecting about 675 dollars only to find $46.35 :shock: . Yea. That sucked too. Its tough being a poor college kid. How much would you sell it for anyway?
Cody
1994 Legacy Ti Wagon (Estate)
2.4L of N/A fury :)
Awesome vendor: http://home.att.net/~teaguesauto/index.htm
IggDawg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by IggDawg »

I'm trying to sell it for 4k. She's in remarkable condition for her age. teh only rust is where the original owners didn't wsah where the front mudflaps meet the body. the engine runs perfectly. there's only 1 minor oil leak, and I think it's the right camshaft seal. PITA, but not very critical. also, she's intercooled w/water spray.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to sell her to a good home. I haven't even posted her for sale on auto trader boards. between here and NASIOC I know I'll be able to sell her. the Impreza guys absolutely salivate over or cars. both the WRX guys and the RS guys have wet dreams about legacy turbos :D .

EDIT - I just got this in a PM from an Impreza guy that's interested:
I think I might be interested... My buddy wants my impreza "like whoa" and I'd like to have a Legacy turbo to satisfy my turbo boner without killing my bank account
IggDawg is cool.

-IggDawg

1990 CRX Si (for sale)