buy or swap?

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

206er
Fifth Gear

buy or swap?

Post by 206er »

I have a 91 AT wagon and its pretty lethargic. its completely stock, with the exception of wrx rims and some rally mudflaps. the transmission may be close to dead. Is it worth it to swap a turbo engine and trans, or should I just buy a turbo car? turbos have the nicer interior, body, and suspension. mine has a little rust on the fenders. I like the car but I would like more power. Don't think the stock NA eningne is worth modifying. any thoughts?
Jeremy
1994 Touring Wagon: ruby mica, 5mt swapped
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

geez, noone has anything to say? come on... :roll: Im at least going to do a 5mt swap. tranny needs rebuild, but wouldn't an actual engine at the same time be nice? these cars are not exactly leight weight. So how much to complete the engine swap? I'm guessing tranny swap is around 600 to do depending on what kind of deals I could get.
jeremy
HomeSlice
Third Gear

Post by HomeSlice »

Do the swap! :D i am
-Jim-
MY93BC Legacy Sonora Sand---> black plasti-dip?
MY93GC Impreza Amethyst--> Glacier/aspen/pd White
93BC"edm" 93GC 90BC R.I.P.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

I'd check around and see how available turbo legacy's are in your area.If you can find one I'd buy it.you will probably be a lot closer to your final goal right off the bat.then instead of worrying about an engine swap ect..you can concentrate on upgradeing the motor.boost controller,i/c ect..the suspension on the legacy sport is tuned a little better and has a better brake package also :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
206er
Fifth Gear

Post by 206er »

matt- my thoughts exactly. I think the turbo swap is a little too ambitious. thanks for responding.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

anytime,let us know if you find one :)
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]