How much hype in this Boost Controller Auction?

That spinning thing that makes all of the cool noises. OE and Aftermarket.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

Brat4by4
Stratified

How much hype in this Boost Controller Auction?

Post by Brat4by4 »

I wince at anything that says it eliminates turbo lag... that's impossible.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 2444702673
1993 WMP BC6 5MT EJ22T 9psi 3.9:1 213k 205/55R16

62.6 m/s @ 0.66 bar. Gotta love boost. :)
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I usually try to AVOID sellers that FEEL the NEED to do thing like mix in UPPER CASE with the regular TEXT!! That makes it "HARD TO READ" and makes me feel less RESPECTED as a POTENTIAL CUSTOMER. Ridiculous CLAIMS like "NO TURBO LAG" worsen it!!! Near LIES like saying he "DOESN'T" just use a big allen BOLT, nut and T FITTING with a ball and SPRING like OTHERS DO further REDUCE the CREDIBILITY. And how about a "LIFETIME WARRANTY" that covers BREAKAGE but not failure to FUNCTION? ***NO THANK YOU***
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

enough with damn colors :lol: hahaha
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Hehehe... tell that to Lower Shores Performance. :)
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

I don't remeber which dealer it was, but one of the Hallman dealers is selling their entry level MBC for $38 on closeout. The new one came out and is all pretty CNC aluminum so the older plumbers pipe looking ones gotta go. If you are in the market visit Hallman's site and just click through the links to his dealers until you find it. Sorry I can't remember which one it was, but it should only take 15-20 minutes to find it...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Took about 5-10 minutes to discover it is www.boostcontroller.com selling them for $38.50.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
DOA
First Gear

Post by DOA »

LMAO his device will actually work to reduce lag as its just a pressure relief valve and regulator arrangement which lets you set the point at which you want the wastegate to see the boost level, just what I was discussing with vrq3 a while back.
If only I hadnt bought the bike, this would feel fast :P
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

It reduces lag when compared to some other types of boost control mechanisms, but it certainly doesn't eliminate it...

It's not actually quite like what we were talking about in the other thread. There's no pressure regulator. It's just a relief valve and a variable bleed after it.

This seller seems to say (it's not entirely clear since he seems to say boost goes out the exhaust) that normal ball-and-spring boost controllers trap pressure in the wastegate actuator causing the wastegate to stick open, which is dumb. All decent MBCs have a small bleed hole to prevent this. The bleed holes aren't adjustable, is all.

This MBC doesn't do anything more to reduce lag than any other ball-and-spring valve.