BOV questions.

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

james_gt
In Neutral

BOV questions.

Post by james_gt »

I have a stock wrx BOV and a stock WRX intercooler. What I was wondering is, what does the peice on the side of the BOV connect to. It has 2 screws in it like it is to be bolted to a fitting. But Im not sure what. Any help is appreciated. Oh, and maybe some pics. Thanks
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

I thought it mated to a flange on the intercooler itself.
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
james_gt
In Neutral

Post by james_gt »

The bottom part does, however there is an opening on the side of the BOV that is about a 1 inch circle and it has bolt holes that are there to secure something to the side of it.
91White-T
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by 91White-T »

Maybe some kind of recirc. tube going back into the intake?
98 Ford Contour V6 24V 5MT
98 Chevy Camaro Z28 LS1 6MT
91 Rio Red SS 5MT Sold
91 Flat Black Wagon L+ 4EAT RIP
91 Pearl White SS 4EAT RIP
Matt Monson
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by Matt Monson »

Here's a pic of the engine bay of my GF's '04 WRX. The WRX uses a recirculating diversion BOV like our stock BOV. People have struggle with what do do with it when making a WRX IC work. If you leave it open it create air/fuel mix issues because it confuses the system. There are a few threads in this forum where folks talk about the issue as well as possible solutions. My plan is to make custom tubing that runs back to the stock location dumping it back into the intake before the turbo...
1974 Porsche 914 Cam Am Limted Edition AKA the Bumble Bee
1973 Porsche 914 2.0 l -Suby swap pending
1968 Porsche 911t survivor 47k original miles
2000 2.5RS daily driver.
1999 2.5RS w/ 50+ extra whp
Suby Hai!
LegacyPunk
Second Gear

Post by LegacyPunk »

There is a 90 recirculation piece that bolts to the hole you're referring too, if it was on the BOV it would bump into the throttle cables on the intake manifold if you used it with the WRX IC, unless you just leave it open air.

Matt: are you going to try to use a WRX BOV/WRX IC combo? cause there is like a quarter of an inch of workable space between the WRX BOV and the throttle cables, which is right where the BOV points without that 90 degree piece.
:twisted::cool::twisted: "Plenty of time, to ruin my life, so why start now?" The Movie Life
1993 Sports Sedan, Exhaust, MBC, 02 WRX IC, KYB GR-2s...Now with old back seat!