A little stage road action

Show us your Legacy pictures and videos.

Moderator: Moderators

MCO-Ryan
In Neutral

A little stage road action

Post by MCO-Ryan »

Here's a neat pic of my car at the Rally of the Tall Pines. I was chief safety officer, basically in charge of the spectator area, which was a 1.2km section of stage. Between runs of the stage, I got to blast up and down the road to keep (scare) people off the stage. Here's the best pic anyone's taken so far:

Full Size: http://www3.sympatico.ca/ryan.huber/pines03.jpg
Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
2004/2005 VP Navigational Rally, RallySport Ontario

93 Legacy Turbo 5MT, daily driver/TSD rally car
92 Legacy LS 4EAT, retired (309,000kms), parts donor
Grant
Second Gear

Post by Grant »

Hehe. I worked stage on the Colorado Cog Club Rally and we closed off stage 4 3 hours before the first car was out. We had my Legacy and were in the bottom of a ravine with it. We spent alot of the time tearing back and forth up and down the stage. We could see almost 1 mile up the road to where the start line was so we could always tell if any cars were coming down and had radio contact with the starters so they were notifying us when the first marshall car was coming through. I videotaped one of the runs and was going pretty quick, though not as fast as the rally cars. We also had to drive over almost all of stage 9 to get to our marshalling spots. It was a blast. I recommend to anyone who wants to get up close and have some fun driving actual closed stage roads to work a Club Rally. Just be smart when your driving the roads and remeber that you don't have the safety gear and how much of a dumbass you'll be if you crash and delay or stop a stage on a rally.
Grant Hughes
Denver, CO
http://www.nocoastmotorsports.net
NuwanD
Second Gear

Post by NuwanD »

great pic, i saw you fly past me a million times on the first spectator stage, makes me so jealous
Nuwan
1992 Open Class Legacy Turbo
2004 Forester XT
2000 Impreza 2.5RSC (Supercharged)
1990 Rover Mini 1000
ciper
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by ciper »

MCO-Ryan: Love it, probably the second best wheels I have seen :wink:
MCO-Ryan
In Neutral

Post by MCO-Ryan »

Well, I'll tell ya, if I'd left my stock wheels on there, with my 712s, the car would have looked nicer, but I'd have been a LOT more sideways! :twisted:
Ryan Huber
VA3AWD
2004/2005 VP Navigational Rally, RallySport Ontario

93 Legacy Turbo 5MT, daily driver/TSD rally car
92 Legacy LS 4EAT, retired (309,000kms), parts donor