Freaky (but true) story

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Freaky (but true) story

Post by Tleg93 »

Hello all, I wanted to share a strange true story with everyone. If anyone has any freaky true stories like the one I'm going to share please post them. I'm really into such tales and I have a couple to tell myself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The story goes that this person, let's call him Steve since I can't remember his name, became fast friends with a guy named Joe he met a while back at a music festival. Well, Steve and Joe are hanging out one day and talking. Joe tells Steve, for whatever reason, that he's going to make him something as a present. Steve thinks that's pretty cool and so they part ways and lose contact for over a year. Steve has no idea what Joe is making him.
One day, a while later, this guy Steve is at another music festival and a complete stranger walks up to him, and after a brief unrelated chat, gives him this box telling him, "Here man I think this belongs to you." Steve opens the box and inside lies a crystal wand set in an ornate, hand-made wooden grip. Steve asks the stranger where he got the wand. The stranger then tells him that he met a guy named Joe who gave it to him and told him that he would find who it belonged to one day and that, when he did, he was to give it to that person. Joe told the stranger only that he would know who the person was when he found him. Steve was mystified but happy to receive the gift and asked after the maker of the wand to see how he was. The stranger then proceeded to tell him that Joe died over a year ago, just after finishing the wand. The stranger went on to tell Steve that he's been carrying the wand around with him for over a year looking for the person it belonged to, without knowing Steve at all or Joe very well. What are the odds...
Last edited by Tleg93 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

Wierd.

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Yeah, it was strange to hear the tale told. I was sitting in the dudes van at the Stonehenge Music Festival in Kellyburg, PA partying with another friend when he told to story. He broke out the box with the wand in it and showed it to us. My friend who was in the van knew the guy that died and the guy, Steve. He says the tale is true. It made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up when I saw the wand. Freaky story.
Last edited by Tleg93 on Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

I'm guessing there were also mushrooms and lsd involved in the storytelling.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Not on my part. I can't speak as to the others. I was drinking some raspberry wine that night but that's it. I asked my friend later on about it with a 'c'mon dude' type attitude and he stood by the story.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Nobody has any crazy stories?
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

there was this one time.....at band camp.......
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I'm not sure that's appropriate.... :)
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
eastbaysubaru
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by eastbaysubaru »

This isn't Nasioc. Everything's appropriate :lol:

-Brian
'04 PSM FXT
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I guess I'll just declare this thread dead and move on. That's two and counting. I'll just keep it between the lines.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I could tell you a bunch of ghost stories from the old houses I've lived in, but that'd take a while. How about this one that my friend told me ... I included it in my second novel and all the facts check out (easily researched and I've seen the circle).

THE HELLMOUTH

My friend who was my roommate moved into a 3-story apartment house across the street from a park with his wife after moving from here. The people upstairs were his friend in one apartment and a gay guy and a lesbian in the other.

One day he was sitting at home and heard all this racket in the driveway. A few seconds later someone was banging on the door. He found the police and EMS there so he told them they must have the wrong address. Just then he hears the woman upstairs yelling hysterically, "He's in here! He's in here!" So the EMS people go upstairs.

My friend can hear them grilling her for hours and finally the paramedics leave and the coroner's car shows up so he knows somebody's not doing so well. Next thing they're bringing the an occupied body bag down on a stretcher.

Turns out the gay guy upstairs had hung himself. My friend never was able to ask the woman if he had his pants up or down (like if it were intentional or a masturbation slip-up like that guy from INXS) since it would be rude.

A few days later a guy shoots himself in the head on the kid rides across the street. He doesn't know if it was the guy's ex-boyfriend that he broke up with a few weeks previous or just a random suicide, but he suspects the former.

The guy who owns the place is a contractor so there's all kinds of contractor shit in the basement. So he's in the basement a week later and finds this 6-ft diam half circle with dust all over it that he'd never really noticed before, but this time something about it got his curiosity. So he moves it out from behind some things and sees there's another half-circle behind it so that if put together you would have a big circle. Rubbing the dust off, he found it was a pentagram with Beelzebub and all that written around the circumference, like WTF.

So next time he sees the landlord he asks him if he loves satan or something. The guy just laughs and tells him that came from the Salem Witch Museum. They had the thing in the middle of the floor (I remembered seeing it myself as a kid) and Laurie Cabot, like the big famous witch of Salem told them they had to get that the hell out of there because it was very bad, etc. So they hired my friend's landlord to do it, but instead of destroying it as requested, he kept it. So now my friend's yelling, "There's a fucking Hellmouth in my basement!"

He also said he would sometimes feel a presence in his bedroom when he'd wake up in the middle of the night for a few weeks after the guy died so he'd just pretend to be asleep and wait to take a piss.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Wow, that's a pretty bizarre story. I was at a friend's house a couple months ago and something strange happened. He lives in an old farm house in the country. I was there one night getting ready to play some guitar with him and I distinctively heard muffled voices coming from the upstairs. I assumed it was his wife and kids and I made the comment "Oh, so Angela and the kids are upstairs, eh?" He then told me they were at dance practice. I asked him who was upstairs and he said that some people say his house is haunted. He personally never heard or saw anything but there were a few others who had. One had heard voices from the upstairs and still another had seen some movement in one of the upstairs room as they approached the house. After he finished speaking I had gooseflesh all over, a sinking feeling in my stomach and the hairs on the back of my neck were standing up.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Yeah, sounds like spooks. We used to hear piano and a woman walking in high heels from the attic at one house (no piano in the house and no real floor in the attic either). The other house would imitate various noises and sometimes you could hear a little kid counting softly or crying from a certain corner. I thought my sister was home once making a racket on the stairs so I would yell at her through my bedroom door which was across from the wood stairs she seemed to be banging on. She'd stop and start up a few minutes later. Finally I flung the door open and there was no one there. The only place she could've gone without me seeing was up the stairs, but there was no way she could do it quietly. I checked up there anyway and the hair on my neck and arms stood up. I ran out of the house and sat in my 240Z until my mother came home with my sisters a few hours later.

Where my mother is now you always hear running from downstairs coming from her room like a little kid id going back and forth. One nigt I was babysitting and heard what I thought was an adult's footsteps walk down the hall to the stairs and then stop. I was confused and thought my sister was home and maybe she'd been sleeping or something. I got up and checked and the only other person home was my 2 yr old nephew dead asleep. He talks about the ghosts that visit him in his room at night like they're regular people. He says it's a little girl and her mother. I forget the girl's name, but he talks to her and you can hear him have conversations with her when he's in gthe room alone. Very weird. These are the tamer stories and I have my theories on where these things come from, but I won't get into it much although each residence was located near the victims of serial killers or catastrophes (Great Salem fire, Boston Strangler, and a pedophile/kid killer who stalked the woods years before my mother's complex was built).

I'm just glad this shit hasn't followed me as my current place is inhabited only by strange live people (including myself).

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

They're just natural diversions of the matrix, that chose exile instead of deletion.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

It makes me wonder about the nature of the universe and existence. If they're not ghosts of the dead then could they be concurrent time lines that never came to be? Or, could they be other worlds existing at different energy levels? I don't know what these 'shades' may be but it seems that they exist more for some than others.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

a few days after my brother died, my mom was downtown and on a whim, decided to go to a psychic, didnt tell her anything about her life, and the psychic told her that her son had recently killed himself, he was mentally disturbed, and that I wasnt having trouble dealing with the greif because I had made my peace with my brother's death before he died. The creepy part was, my brother had jumped off a bridge a few days before, after being plagued by schizophrenia for just over 2 years and when my brother got into drugs back in high school, i had emotionally disconnected myself from him and made my peace with him not being around anymore.
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

creel wrote:It makes me wonder about the nature of the universe and existence. If they're not ghosts of the dead then could they be concurrent time lines that never came to be? Or, could they be other worlds existing at different energy levels? I don't know what these 'shades' may be but it seems that they exist more for some than others.
Or there could be a better program that was created to replace it. Maybe the program just broke down.

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

That's a sad tale. Sorry to hear you had to go through it. Charlatan psychics have always given the arts of divination a bad name but it sounds like you may have found a real one. There are some psychics who help break cold cases now and then though. Houdini spent his career debunking psychics.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

Or there could be a better program that was created to replace it. Maybe the program just broke down.
Well, I guess anything is possible from our standpoint. They say we're mostly empty space if you break it down to the subatomic level. Who knows what's out there beyond the stars. We'll probably never know.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

I believe they could be multiple things. Some are like replayed past events - like somekind of rift in space-time that allows these events to be witnessed. Others may be energies that haven't decided to move on and are conscious on some level, like the spooks and poltergeists that I've experienced (told you I only gave you the tame stuff although it wasn't as bad as some horror movies get).

I think strong emotions generate strong energy that can leave their mark on things like scars, which is why I love old things - they acquire a life that new things don't have because they haven't had the exposure to drama that old things have. Anyone who's been alone in the Colosseum or Olympia could vouch for this, although I think some people are more receptive than others. My sister senses this weird shit better than I do as well as animals and little kids. I think it may be that I only believe this because I've heard no other explanation that makes sense and these observances then dictated my spiritual beliefs in turn, while animals, little kids, and people like my sister are more open to it due to less skepticism. Maybe the more lives a person has had has an effect, too, but I have no idea as if that shit's true, I've been here a lot (76 times I've been told, but I take that with a grain of salt).

Death doesn't scare me or bother me (unless someone young was murdered or something) as I have no doubt that something of them goes on. We all have to go anyway, so what's the sense worrying either way?

Spooks are some frequency range we can't usually pick up with our standard senses either, almost like ultraviolet lightwaves, but there's a definite feel when they're around. They're not all the same, but the physical effects are and scientific tests have found ultr-low freq sound waves to cause these same effects. This whole area I'm in is surrounded with weirdness. Some places reputed to be haunted I've noticed nothing, and other places are surprisingly strong. I bet most people have experienced it on some level, but either deny it as it's too scary or rediculous to them to consider or don't recognize it as the effects on them are less than on some. Hot spots, cold spots, the feeling of being watched (usually suddenly), a 'charged' atmosphere like that before a thunderstorm, but localized to a room or such, sudden overwhelming fear or feeling of being hated sometimes accompanied by nausea, hair standing on end, etc. are all signs I've felt. Objects moving and manipulating themselves of their own volition is the most obvious sign, though :). I go by if you think there's something there, then there probably is as its an instinctual feeling, certainly not one society encourages.

Steve
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

There's been a couple times that I got dizzy and lost my balance the first time I went into a old house, nearly fainting. I've always wondered what the hell that was all about and if anyone else has experienced it. I'm not saying it was a ghost but it never happens in new homes only lived in ones. It's probably just a feeling of being overwhelmed by sensory input. I've used to wonder if spirits roam the forest at night too. It sounds childish and I don't really feel that way now. Now, I wonder about the living things out there that could cause harm like rattlers. Still, I've always felt a temptation to go out into the woods alone in the night and hike around. I know the woods so there'e no danger of getting lost really. It just seems like an exciting idea.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

heh. I believe they're all made up. No ghosts, no goblins, no spirits.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

I usually try not to close my mind off to any idea unless I see first hand it's not true or if it's utterly ridiculous (like a gnome living in one's backyard). Some things, though, can't be readily explained away. If they could then there wouldn't be any mysteries and there are plenty that yet remain. For example, how is it that some psychics help to solve cases they know nothing about? If there can be a sixth sense then why not spirits? I realize there'e a lot of crackpots in the world but I don't count myself among them. I'm actually a pretty skeptical person at first blush.

There are more mysteries than there are explanations and the more we learn the greater the mysteries become. It's easy to just say you don't believe in something. It's harder to have something not easily explainable happen to you and then try and deal with it. Of course, spooks could just as easily be a mind trick. The mind has faculties that are not fully understood. I guess it comes down to whether or not anything strange has happened to you personally or not.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

That's what everyone who hasn't seen it says, and I don't blame you as I'd be in the same boat had I not lived through it and subsequently been pushed into an interest in strange shit.

Scott - too bad you're not near here as you could try DogTown. It was a place inhabited by Gloucester fisherman widows (who had lots of dogs for protection). They had a reputation for lesbianism and witchcraft and that stuff. Of course this was the Puritan assmonkeys saying that, so who knows. Anyway, its easy to get lost even when you know your way around as it seems like you're being led around in circles. You can walk straight across a field and not be able to find where you entered even though you never changed direction. Even a mtn biker's guide mentions this as something to watch out for. Eastern Europeans used to blame this effect on a woodland spirit called a Leshy. I don't know about that, but it's an interesting place. Supposedly there's a rock that's the gateway to hell and some other crap, but mostly it's old house foundations which is interesting.

I did visit 'Dungeon Rock' in the Lynn Woods which is supposedly haunted, but didn't feel a damn thing.

Steve
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

Have you heard about the 9 dimensions theory. I was believing that for a while