smell gas when i floor it

Heads, valves, pistons, rods, crankshaft, etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

91scoobiesubie
First Gear

smell gas when i floor it

Post by 91scoobiesubie »

i have a turbo aoutoand i smell gas only after i floor it . why?
kastrix
First Gear

Post by kastrix »

Did you remove your snorkus?? Mine tends to do that too since i've pulled it. Otherwise i dunno. Try resetting your ECU. It seems as if the air to fuel ratio is wrong... I'm far from an expert tho
@The Beast@
1992 Legacy L 5MT
Exhaust, tint, fogs, anti-snorkus, plugs, wires, rims, tires, stereo and shifter knob :-)

A good car is like a good woman...
She will turn on when you want her to and she will always give you the ride of your life.
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Does it smell like straight up gas ( as in raw fuel ) or is it just a gassy exhaust smell? You may be running real rich under WOT and have a minor exhaust leak and you're smelling that. Just an idea.
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

charcoal canister or related item could be bad
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Entirely normal. I smell gas too, and I smell it in Matt's car when I ride with him. I also smell it in my neighbors 99 Taurus SHO, and in my friends Turbo Beetle.

As a saftey measure, cars run rich under WOT to prevent pinging and such. All you are smelling is unburned gas making it's way out of the car as blowby. I wouldn't worry about it unless it gets REALLY potent.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

If you ever see a car get on it on the highway, you can actually see the rich exhaust.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.