Hey, nitrous really works! And loves the supercharger!

Autocross, Rallycross, ProRally, Drag, WRC, F1 etc...

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Hey, nitrous really works! And loves the supercharger!

Post by douglas vincent »

Went out to PIR for the Late Night Drags today. Had my new 2.5" exhaust, my 95-96 octane in and my 75 shot of nitrous just waiting to go.

I did the first run at 7:41 without nitrous for a baseline. I got a 17.1 with a 77.65 trap.

Next I ran with nitrous and was very happy. Picked up a 15.367 at 89.6 mph. Took a 1.74 second drop and 12 mph increase in trap speed. And I really didnt try super hard for the -2 60'. (I got a 2.261). And I smoked a poor kid in a 6 cylinder GT mustang. He was sad.

So the third run I dumped and ran shooting for a -2. There goes the clutch!. Let off the gas and happy gas, let the clutch engage and go, same problem in second and third and fourth! I still managed a 15.348 but only 83 in the trap.

At this stage I decide to get a bite to eat and let the clutch cool down. It only has about 1500 miles on it so it isnt worn, just shot for the time being. I let about an hour and 45 minutes go by and get my next shot at a decent run but this run and then next are up to 15.7 and 15.8.

However everything is cooling down so I can start pushing the button without too much fear of clutch slippage and start getting the times back down to the 15.3's.

However the clutch is the serious week point and I am never able to just get on it like I should and so I have to wait every shift for the clutch to fully engage before hitting the NO2.

I did get my 0-60' times down to 2.080 and a best time of 15.329 but never broke 90 in the trap. I am running .7 to .75 on my O2 sensor so I suspect I need to get a new fuel pump and a RRFR? (rising rate fuel regulator) and also tune the nitrous a little richer.

But was I happy? Oh yeah. While I should have been able to hit the 14's if I had a better clutch, I still beat many a nicer car.

Next job, SuperCharger! (after the engine pull for the new clutch of course!)
Last edited by douglas vincent on Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Sounds like you glazed the clutch. It's not worn, but it won't drive like it should ever again.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

Supercharger is now in, but it is only putting out about 20-25 hp because I need to install a larger crank pulley.

However, combine the supercharger with a 55 shot of nitrous and whizzo! Pulled multiple 14.8-14-9 runs tonight. My best was 14.853 @ 93.22 mph. 60' was 2.051. The supercharger totally changes the top end.

The supercharger by itself was only getting me down from 17 to 16.45 but this was the first run of the night and with a bad launch. I expect that with a good launch I would be about 16.2 supercharger alone. This is about a 20-30 hp increase over stock 17 second run.

I didnt have a single problem with the clutch tonight either because I was launching with a smaller nitrous shot than last time (80 shot).

With the new crank pulley, I see 14.5 @ 96 in my future.
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
Wicked_One_90
In Neutral

dragging for wagons

Post by Wicked_One_90 »

Yo Douglas! You should try to make a trip here to Albuquerque New Mexico on August 21. There will be some all wheel drag racing including import versues domestics and also a car show. I am going to try to enter my 1990 legacy wagon in both the show and the drag races. Go to swspeed.com for more info and let me know. It would be fun to see two wagons race!
Legacy of Pain