nice mags

Where the power meets the road.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dirty kru
In Neutral

nice mags

Post by dirty kru »

can i put mags from any subie onto my 1989 Legacy N/A Fwd
it needs to look alot better before it goes out in public :)
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

If, by mags, you mean wheels, then yes.

As long as they aren't from an SVX, or an 05 USDM WRX STi. Even the 04 WRX STi wheels have an incorrect offset for our cars.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

or from any older subaru except the XT6. Or as you probably know it, the Vortex VX
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

BAC5.2 wrote:If, by mags, you mean wheels, then yes.

As long as they aren't from an SVX, or an 05 USDM WRX STi. Even the 04 WRX STi wheels have an incorrect offset for our cars.
hmm. my sti wheels fit fine on my legacy ss.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Really? I was always under the impression that the stock struts wouldn't clear the 225's with the offset of the STi wheels...

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

admitantly I mounted them with prodrive struts and giant dms 50's.
but I can't see that the smaller diameter stock strut would hit the wheel.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

It's not so much the smaller diameter, it's the lower spring perch.

mTk
no title

Post by mTk »

You wouldn't have to use 225 width tires if it did end up rubbing.

MK
1992 BC672 AWD 5MT
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

True, but why waste the money for such a big, wide rim if you can't take advantage of it's benefits?

tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

will the Rota Torques (n subydude's website)fit our legacies? I kinda like the idea of an 8" rim.. is there such a thing as 'too wide'?

-=tristan
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[quote]e46 owners tend to be twats.
[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

You won't clear an 8" rim.

The +48 7.5" Gram Lights with 225/45/17 Azenis BARELY cleared. The tire bulged slightly past the fender and the left rear was less than 10mm away from rubbing. It was the tire width as the Azenis are the widest 225's you can buy, but it's still pretty close.

Why do you want an 8" wide rim?

THAWA
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by THAWA »

with the correct offset, and smaller 225's than azenis (if you want 225's) you should be able to shove that in there. but I wonder too why you want 8" I recall someone saying something about too big and you have less steering or handling or something, but cant find the topic.
Rio Red 90 Legacy LS AWD 174k
Liquid Silver 92 SVX LS-L 88k
[url=http://folding.amdmbpond.com/FoldingForOurFuture.html]Do you fold?[/url]

I'm on First and First. How can the same street intersect with itself? I must be at the nexus of the universe.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

I was thinking about wider=handling stability, kinda like that old pontiac commercial for their grand am(?) that was wider or something for better cornering, i think. Really, it was just a thought. Is an 8" (tires, kids, tires.:)) even beneficial on something like a WRX? the point of it was also aesthetics. I did want a tire that was wide enough that it stuck out from the fenders, so it looked tough. Kinda like phil was saying in another thread: "nothing screams "don't fuck with me" like 8.85" of rubber. (or something to that degree) Basically, i wanted a wider tire that would stick out.
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

91legacy_sleeper wrote:I was thinking about wider=handling stability, kinda like that old pontiac commercial for their grand am(?) that was wider or something for better cornering, i think. Really, it was just a thought. Is an 8" (tires, kids, tires.:)) even beneficial on something like a WRX? the point of it was also aesthetics. I did want a tire that was wide enough that it stuck out from the fenders, so it looked tough. Kinda like phil was saying in another thread: "nothing screams "don't fuck with me" like 8.85" of rubber. (or something to that degree) Basically, i wanted a wider tire that would stick out.
the main point of the wider wheel is to clear big calipers. if you want your tires to stick out I can get you a set of adj. lat. links. that will give you that "look" my car has that look. I run 225/45/17's v700 track tires that are also a very wide 225.
tris91ricer
Title Whore

Post by tris91ricer »

hmmm.. lateral links, eh? I was thinking something along the lines of H&R wheel spacers, but something tells me the name might be decieving for what i'm thinkin of.. umm.. wait until i score some wheels, unless of course you know where i could get a decent set of 16-17s? I really like the WRX stockers with RE-92s.. but, alas, i can't find 'em for less than $350 with another ~$150 in shipping.. you're only in portland, perhaps i might be taking a road trip...

-=tristan
[b]'92 L Sedan[/b]
EJ20g 4.11 5sp LSD

[/quote]
kelley
Vendor
Vendor

Post by kelley »

I wouldn't recomend wheel spacers. alot of times you will end up with undesireable side effects.