aluminum intercooler piping

Front, Top, Air, Water.

Moderators: Helpinators, Moderators

dzx
Fifth Gear

aluminum intercooler piping

Post by dzx »

can you wrap or treat aluminum intercooler piping to withstand heat better like stainless steel, and i talked to flat4engineering today and they wanted about 800 dollars to clock the turbo so the outlet faces the passenger side and to do a custom install with the fmic. That includes all the parts and labor. Does this seem good, bad?
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Why don't you route the piping the other way?

Off the outlet, run it behind the TB, down the drivers side fender, into the IC, and up through the passenger side fender and into the TB.

Why would you pay $800 just to clock the turbo and custom install an FMIC? Seems like a lot to me.

Oh, and use SS pipes.
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

seems like the piping would be way shorter if the turbo was clocked.
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Yea, it'd be shorter, and worth it if you clocked it yourself. It wouldn't be worth $800 to me to have them clock it and bend the pipes. Are they including the core? If they are including the core, then it might be OK

Didn't you get a Deadbolt 18G with the 90 degree elbow? How are they going to clock the turbo nearly 180 degrees and keep the 90 degree angle in the right place?
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

They said something about having to cut off the 90 degree elbow and clocking it and i ended up just getting the 16G ported. And why wont my gf stop babbling to me on the phone?