How many of you have named your cars?

This is for non-Subaru related topics. Keep it realistic please.

Moderator: Moderators

Gotta Jibboo
First Gear

How many of you have named your cars?

Post by Gotta Jibboo »

I'm just curious to see if any of you guys have a little "pet name" for your soobie, mine's Pete / Petey

haha
-James

'91 Legacy L Wagon, 4eat, FWD
Yukonart
Cradle Robber
Cradle Robber

Post by Yukonart »

Sonia. ;)
"Power is NOTHING without control"
1994 & 2005 Legacy GT Wagons
QuickDrive
Lurker-King

Post by QuickDrive »

Judy was my first.

Jane was my second, whom I eventually switched to Judy.. same car, different years.

Libby is my Legacy now. although sometimes I call her Legs
R I P-------- 91 Turbo 4EAT --------R I P
legacy92ej22t
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by legacy92ej22t »

Mine's Subarina. I'm not real happy with the little bitch right now though :mad:
-Matt

'92 SS 5mt. All go and no show. Sold :(
'94 Audi UrS4 Modded (new project)
'96 Outback 5mt.
'07 Legacy 2.5i SE

[quote="Redlined"]
Oh... and I hope the fucker get bunked with Gunter, arrested for raping Gorillas.[/quote]
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

chelsea, and like matt im not verry happy with the little bich.
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
Legacy777
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Legacy777 »

No name.....just that little bitch, or girl....depending on how's she behaving
Josh

surrealmirage.com/subaru
1990 Legacy (AWD, 6MT, & EJ22T Swap)
2020 Outback Limted XT

If you need to get a hold of me please email me rather then pm
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Lauren, but I never refer to her like that. I actually forgot that I named her until Matt brought it up at the Shootout. Subarina is a much more creative name than Lauren, lol.

I usually refer to her as "girl"
2009 Outback 2.5XT. 5MT. Satin White Pearl.
2009 Impreza 2.5i Premium. Blue.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
vrg3
Vikash

Post by vrg3 »

Does anyone other than me not think of their car as feminine?
"Just reading vrg3's convoluted, information-packed posts made me feel better all over again." -- subyluvr2212
Legacytuner
First Gear

Post by Legacytuner »

I can't possibly think of my car as being "feminine" I call it the silver bullet cause it wont slow you down :lol:
Proud owner of a 1991 Silver 5MT
Gold wrx wheels,Straight Exhaust, DNA Boost Controler 12 Psi, Ngk's, De-Snorked, Carbon fiber hood scoop in the werks
1991 White 5MT(Sold to Friend), AKA BINFORD

"KEEP IT REAL, KEEP IT SUBARU"
entirelyturbo
quasi-mod-o
quasi-mod-o

Post by entirelyturbo »

All cars are girls to me. Ferrari F50 = vixen supermodel. Chevy Suburban = fat toothless chick on Ricki Lake :lol: :lol:

I am the master car-namer. Friends ask me to name their cars for them, because I always find a suitable name for their personality.

When I first saw my Legacy, Patricia stuck in my head. Then as time went on, I felt Patti was more appropriate. When I saw my XT, a few names went through my head, then Ginger dawned on me. Both names have been in use since, while I'm driving down the road and I kick a Honda's ass in a corner, I call them sweetly by name. Or when they feel like PMS'ing, I bitch them out and address them by name in a much more harsh manner :lol:
2000 Subaru Legacy B4 RSK

"Der Wahnsinn ist nur eine schmale Brücke/die Ufer sind Vernunft und Trieb"

*Formerly DerFahrer*

@entirelyturbo on social media, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and TikTok
DLC
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by DLC »

I have never given any of my vehicles a name or a sex. It is an item, a tool. I respect it as such.

People are queer.
Legacy Central
2001 Legacy Outback Wagon | 2005 OB XT LTD | 1997 Legacy Outback Limited | 1998 Legacy L Wagon | 2000 GT Limited | 93 Legacy Touring Wagon 5MT | 90 Legacy L+
evolutionmovement
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by evolutionmovement »

I don't see cars as feminine either, but as a convention that goes back to the old sailing ships, I feel obliged (for once) to follow.

1984 wagon: Selena (meaning 'the moon') since the first wagon was silver with dark blue interior.

1983 sedan: Natasha. Just like the name. Mkaes me think of some hot kick-ass Russian chick. Hm, makes me think of mail-order brides ... Okay, enough of that.

The current wagon: First it was Duchess (Duke of Earl was playing on the only radio station I could pick up when I bought it. There's a line, "you'll be the Duchess of Earl" or something), but as I renamed it in the second novel due to a rebirth centered around a major symbol/main plot point I did the same in my real life and call her Barbarella. Not that I ever refer to my cars by name.

Steve
Midnight in a Perfect World on Amazon or order anywhere. The first book in a quartet chronicling the rise of a man from angry criminal to philanthropist. Midnight... is a distopic noirish novel featuring 'Duchess', a modified 1990 Subaru Legacy wagon.
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i actualy came up with the name for my car just as i was prompted by this thread. the only reason i came up with chelsea is because thats the name of a girl i was really into but was never into me. my car and i have a similar relationship. in actualty i call it toad because there is a toad that sits on my dash that i recived form a friend at graduation. much like the skyline called big bird because after the guy bought the car someone bought him the big bird to match the car and was thusly named
-jason
[quote="Scoobyniteowl"] Chasin' @$$ is a great form of exercise and if you do get any, then that is more exercise[/quote]
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

My 91 was named ruby, the day we bought it, after the paint color (ruby mica metallic), but as i grew up with the car, she grew into the name, being the cool mother figure in my life. Ruby the subby. (also know as the "PARTYWAGON")

The 92 took a bit longer. After driving the car for a couple weeks, and racking my brain trying to think of something clever, but fitting, I considered Ada, a good old woman's name(silver car, silver hair) after a woman that I worked with at sears who looked so sweet and innocent but would get angry sometimes and shake and yell, it was so cute. After pitching the idea to a few friends, they dismissed it, as Ada sounded thin, and my car has a fat ass. I checked a baby names website for inspiration, and found a japanese names section, since my car was "conceived" in japan, i felt it only necessary. I found a good, fitting name, that means "blossom" in japanese (made me think of cherry blossom red(sti pink)) Hana. (pronounced "on- a")
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

Aww Laurel, that's cute.

I named my car after the prettiest girl in the 1st grade. And I was mackin on her. I don't know what ever happened to her.

[quote="scottzg"]...I'm not a fan of the vagina...[/quote][quote="evolutionmovement"]This will all go much easier if people stop doubting me.[/quote]
Gotta Jibboo
First Gear

Post by Gotta Jibboo »

vrg3 wrote:Does anyone other than me not think of their car as feminine?
Haha I'm with ya man, I usually think of most cars as feminine, but as I got to know mine it really struck me as more masculine. My wagon is wide and stocky looking, but still cute, so I gave it a little kid's name, and voila!! Petey!
-James

'91 Legacy L Wagon, 4eat, FWD
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

See, I usually see my car as being masculine (it's got 2 nuts...), but I only really rag on it occasionally, so it's more fitting to have a feminine name. She's lady on the streets, but a demon in the sheets.

azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

BAC5.2 wrote: She's lady on the streets, but a demon in the sheets.
yours maybe. mine seems to be transgendered or something
-jason
BAC5.2

Post by BAC5.2 »

LOL!

With the 16G in, it has MUCH better street manners, it's actually MORE streetable than it was with the VF11.

dzx
Fifth Gear

Post by dzx »

Roo = Turbo legacy, my 90 legacy was named Fred but it was named by my friend susie who owned it before me, her 2004 legacy limited is named ethel, the bmw doesnt deserve a name
///M
'93 Legacy SS - part out
scottzg
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by scottzg »

doesnt deserve a name? E12's are sweet!

Granted, the 3L is kinda sucky compared to the 2.8L....
[url=http://www.thawa.net/gallery/albums/album108/DSCF0330.jpg]90 legacy of awesomeness[/url]
douglas vincent
Knowledgeable
Knowledgeable

Post by douglas vincent »

I have only named about half the rigs I hae owned. I've had "Cruella" a 1967 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, the "Blue Sube" 1977 Subaru 1600 DL, a 1976 Ford Econoline Van with two names, depending upon who was in it. It was the "Blue Beast" or "The Raper" Not very PC but it was a scary looking fucking van.

The latest red wagon is "Red" and "Daddy's Race Car". My kids all yell when they see a cop and tell me to slow down!
Reddevil, Awaiting new heart, will it ever happen?
1990 wagon, EJ25 12.3 @ 116.5 FAST Family wagon getting new motor soon
1992 wagon, wifes daily, high compression
1992 Touring wagon, should I keep it?
azn2nr
Fifth Gear

Post by azn2nr »

i did name my 86 celica "THE BEAST" but only because it went off road better than my friends jeep
-jason
LaureltheQueen
Spelling Nazi
Spelling Nazi

Post by LaureltheQueen »

my 1991 crx Si was the only male car that i've ever owned, the crx is referred to by the honda crowd as "hondasaurus rex" both because of the name "rx" and because it looked a bit like a dinosaur with those goofy rear window shades. The crx also happened to be primered grey, but had red paint dust set in the primer, so looked almost purple, so I named it "barney" because it was a purple dinosaur
Laurel Tuning Stage 15
92 Touring Wagon 5MT 16G
[quote="NICO I WRX U"]the streets are my track[/quote]
Tleg93
Fifth Gear

Post by Tleg93 »

My 91 is named Magen. It's black so I derived it from Black Mage.
--Scott--

1991 - Rio Red SS